“excellent lunch”

No 15 Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Always enjoy this cafe - nice relaxed atmosphere with daily papers to read and has excellent coffee and very good home made soup with lots of bread which is good value.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Came here with some friends and loved it. The food was great and the service was very welcoming, I would highly recommend the ratatouille!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Arrived here on a cold Saturday afternoon at 4pm looking for a warm drink a cake/sandwich. Should have got the message when we arrived as the counter was covered with change as the staff were obviously cashing up ready to close at 4.30. After standing at the counter for a couple of minutes I managed to get one of the staff to take our order.
As I said the soup was fine, but that was it, I'm sure if I was that way inclined I could have walked out without paying as the staff were far more interested in chatting to each other to notice!!
When I paid the bill the young lad asked if everything was ok, he looked very shocked when I said no - it would have been nice to be offered some butter with the bread etc etc. - but level of his interest ended there, he just took my money & walked off!!
O yes I did I add it's not cheap, £9.50 for a soup & a hot chocolate.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Been a fairly regular customer here but am afraid I probably won't bother going back. The food is well made though expensive. The cakes are gorgeous and homemade fresh. However service is very unreliable. On a number of occasions I've waited far too long to have my order taken (not in a busy period either), refills of coffee have been forgotten and generally just not welcoming anymore. Genuinely disappointed as used to really enjoy going here.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

As a family we have eaten here many times over the years. The food is generally always very good and with generous portions. Service can be patchy. I haven't been there for a while and have to say today's visit was very disappointing. Ordering was very hard work with the young waiter appearing confused by our basic choices from the menu. One sandwich arrived and was not what we had asked for but was promptly changed. My wife was not pleased to find a long blonde hair in her meal,halfway through her pot of mushroom's in Stilton sauce. When she found a second the meal was returned to the counter. The rest of our small group persevered and we ordered more drinks. Two Americano's and a latte were ordered, two americano's and a cappuccino appeared. It was a minor problem but added to the other issues we experienced and it just added to the disappointment. When we went to the counter to pay the bill I told the waitress that I wasn't happy with the service and in particular the hairs found in the meal. I was not expecting her to laugh until she realised we weren't joking. £55 lighter we left and next time I'm in Penrith I'm fairly certain our money will be spent somewhere else.

1  Thank woodsr