“fantastic place to eat”

Ranked #55 of 163 Restaurants in Penrith
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

was staying at the near by spa hotel, after waiting over ten minutes even for a drink we decided to walk down to the agricultural hotel which was recommended by a local we spoke to earlier in the day,It was the best decision we could of made , we had a very warm welcome the staff were great our waiter paul made it a perfect night for us nothing was any trouble for him ,the food was 10 0ut 0f 10 couldn't fault it at all i had the steak and my husband had the mixed grill and really big portions i have recommended it to all our family and friends and will definitley be going there again thanks for a great night.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Plus points - large menu and a designated dining area.

Hubby had a roast beef sunday lunch, said it was very nice, although to me the vegetables looked quite overdone and soggy.

I choose a broccoli and 3 cheese pasta bake, served with garlic bread and salad. I asked for no onions on the salad, there was no onions but it came smothered in an oniony coleslaw which meant I couldn't eat it. I didn't call the waitress back as it wasn't really worth the bother for the few green leaves that were underneath. I did mention it at the end though so they could think about it for another time.

I was quite disappointed in the value of the pasta dish, there was barely any pasta and just a tiny bit of broccoli in an oily cheesey sauce. It tasted lovely though, but just so little. Garlic bread was none-descript and tasted little of garlic.

Would we go back? Perhaps, but would probably try somewhere else first.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Have been a couple of times before when in Penrith and the food is still the best in Penrith.Staff are friendly and the service was quick even on a Saturday night.Th esteak pie is excellent and the only place around you get Puff Pastry made pie.Lovely.We highly recommendit.

1  Thank weechip1
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We found this pub after a disappointing trip to High Head Sculpture Valley (not recommended!) and were so hungry by the time we got there that quite frankly we'd have stopped anywhere! Thankfully it looked friendly from the outside and was pleasant on the inside too. The restaurant area was very well looked after and the staff were warm and welcoming, particularly to our 3 year old. The choice on the menu was good and great value for money. The food was excellent. When I passed through to the toilet the bar area seemed to be frequented by a few 'unsavoury' locals, but that really didn't matter. I would definitely visit again if we were in the area.

1  Thank Sheena H
Reviewed September 21, 2012

all aspects of the visit were very favorable nice friendly staff & good food with nice surroundings... well worth a visit