“Warm welcome and friendly”
Review of Acorn Guest House

Acorn Guest House
Ranked #19 of 66 Penrith B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks and couldn't have felt more at home.
Karen and Nick are great hosts and go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable and stress free as they can. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
Truly lovely people.
Great breakfasts and the rooms are spacious and clean. I had a room at the front and I am a very light sleeper, but there was no noise and I slept very well.

A real gem of a place :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here Monday-Friday for three weeks.
The room was very spacious, comfortable and clean.
The new owners Nick and Karen were welcoming and friendly and could not have done more to help.
The parking was adequate, and although situated on a road and in a room at the front of the house I was not aware of any traffic noise when trying to sleep (a combination of thick walls to the front, good double glazing and reduced traffic over night!)
The bathroom was lovely- the shower had plenty of gusto and unlimited hot water.
The food was great- breakfast personalised and made to order using good quality produce, and always served with a smile.
I would recommend this guest house to families, couples or single people whether working or there for pleasure! :-)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had a two night stay with new owners Nick & Karen at the beginning of December. I could not have been made more welcome. The hotel is everything you need in a B&B they even provided an evening meal and a beer. The room was cosy, warm, well furnished and comfortable with a spacious ensuite. The breakfast was plentiful and sourced locally wherever possible. There is plenty of free parking and my stay represented excellent value for money.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend Acorn Guest House to anybody visiting Penrith

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been 'living' here for a period of 8 weeks whilst being away with work. As the title suggests it was a home from home. Joyce and Anita were amazing, they made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much hassle.
The rooms are great, very well kept and a high standard. The breakfast was excellent; I managed to resist the temptation of a full English, but no matter what cooked breakfast I asked for Joyce and Anita were able to sort without issue.
After living there for 2 months I was sad to leave, it felt like we were leaving family behind. I've never spent such a long time in a B&B, I'm glad that Joyce and Anita were there to make it such an enjoyable experience!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently stayed here with my Mum & Niece the night before my wedding, i must say after a week of no sleep due to nerves i slept extremely well in the comfortable bed, as did my mum & niece, the room was lovely and clean, very warm welcome & breakfast the next morning was brilliant, we were also treated to a lovely bottle of champagne to celebrate my special day, all round 5 star stay for us!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here at the end of July 2013 for two nights. Our self contained room was nice and clean, as was the rest of the premises. Joyce and Anita were lovely and welcoming and they served a delicious full English breakfast. We would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful guest house.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our Scottish team stayed at the Acorn during a company charity event which involved cycling 258 miles in 26 hours over two days (they cycled from Glasgow to Manchester).

The Acorn’s warmth, hospitality and friendliness made all the difference to the team, who had cycled nearly 111 miles before reaching the hotel that day, and everyone who stayed over said that the place was great, the meal good and the service outstanding - so very well done.

Room Tip: We called the Hotel in advance of the booking for some local information on best restaurants to eat...