“First Class!!”

Ranked #17 of 67 Penrith B&B and Inns
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“First Class!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We did the C2C over the August bank holiday and booked into the Blue Swallow for the first night. After 50 miles in the saddle the welcome from Peter & Cynthia was first class from the knock on the door on arrival to cycling out of the rear yard on the next morning nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were homely and well provided the hotel was spotless and the breakfast set us all up for the second day cycling and all those hills!!
I can’t think of a single reason why if you’re looking for a stopover in Penrith as part of the C2C or for a Break in Cumbria you wouldn’t choose The Blue Swallow Guest House and I hope that if you are not biking as past of the C2C. and just looking for a nice B & B all the bike talk hasn’t put you off because I would gladly return with my wife for a break to a friendly well run clean and comfortable Hotel with a warm welcome and home made jam and marmalade. Thanks from all 11 that stopped on the 28th of August as part of our charity bike ride. Andy Scatchard

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This is a lovely, very comfortable guest house. The breakfast area is well laid out and the food was excellent and plentiful. I was in one of the single rooms at the back, which was clean and comfortable. The free bottle of water each day was a nice touch. A slight drawback: there's no electric shaver point, but the proprietor had prepared for this and had an adaptor plug available (and there was a hand mirror in the room). I would definitely stay again when in the area!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Very welcoming and accommodating owners. Parking is limited, but I was able to park my motorcycle in their back yard, which was a bonus. Clean comfortable rooms and nice breakfast. Close to town centre for eating out in evenings, etc.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
melksham
Reviewed August 26, 2009

The Blue Swallow Hotel in Penrith is lovely. My partner and I only stayed one night, but it's left a lasting impression on us. The room was really comfortable and just what we needed after a long drive up the M6 from our home in Wiltshire via a visit to Wolverhampton to call in on my Dad who's 95.
Being directed to the cellar which had been converted into a dining room was a surprise. Never had that experience before and breakfast was great, a lovely selection of cereals, fruit juice and home made jams as well as fruit salad.
I have a journal of places that we have visited and this is in it ready for the next time we venture up North.