“PeterS”

Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were recommended by a lady we met on a walk around Derwent Water on our last day in Keswick 2012. We visited the Pheasant Inn in the evening just after 6pm, we did not book, it was very busy but found a nice table in the bar. The food was excellent and the staff efficient and very polite and welcoming. We had the steak and ale pie and this was really good. We returned a couple of nights later at a similar time and managed to find a table but the bar soon filled up. I would certainly recommend this pub and will be returning there again on our next visit to Keswick. I would probably book in advance on our next visit.

1  Thank Peter S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Ate here last night 10/10/2013 and the place was very busy and now I know why.
Beer is kept really well, staff are smiling and helpful, and the whole place has a happy buzz.
The food was outstanding, Whitebait cooked to perfection, crisp dry and very, very, tasty. Home made chips are as big as wedges but more the better for that
I will deffinetly eat their on my next trip to Keswick.

1  Thank KeithGHullEngland
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Went for meal in the evening after visiting last year and enjoying it. The food is above average. I had the fish pie which contained mussels, prawns, salmon and haddock for £12. It was very nice.
I would recommend having a meal there

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We often have meals at the pheasant after a good walk. The food is always good and service is fast. We usually book a table as it can get busy. There I a always a good selection on the menu and portions are generous so we always go out feeling as if we have eaten well.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We dropped in here on the offchance - off season and mid-week, and got the last table. You can see why - we only had time to stop for a main course but it was one of the best pub meals I've had for a while, certainly the best I've had in the area. The service was great - plenty of staff (which I notice other reviewers didn't have, so we obviously went on a good day). Plenty of wine/booze choices - just wish we could have stayed longer to try out the other courses. Would definitely go back.