“Make sure you get the right Pheasant”
Review of The Pheasant Inn

The Pheasant Inn
Ranked #7 of 130 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Make sure you get the right Pheasant”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were recommended to go the Pheasant Inn, called and booked and then drove to the wrong Pheasant Inn (in Bassenthwaite about 3 or 4 miles away). Anyway when we finally got there we found that the Pheasant Inn at Keswick is a really charming little pub with truly excellent food. I ate lamb rump and my wife had a chicken breast in a sauce, both served with lovely fresh steamed vegetables. Both were delicious.

1 Thank Timhth

New York City, New York
“good food, nice pub”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family enjoyed their meals and also the dessert. My husband and son loved their fish pie and my cumberland sausage was delicious. Pints were great. Very relaxing atmosphere!

• Visited August 2013
“Fabulous food and brilliant service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try the Pheasant Inn on our first night in Keswick. We got there at 1715 and was informed by the lovely barman that in order to get food we had to grab a table and food started at 1800. Along with our two kids we say down and perused the menu. At 1745 the barman very kindly took our order and even managed to get some pasta cooked for my 4 year old. The pub very quickly was heaving with walkers, dogs and families and all were very welcome.
Our 4 year old had a lovely bowl of pasta which he devoured, our teenager had the gammon which she loved, my boyfriend had the steak which was cooked to perfection and I had the fish pie which was full of yummy big chunks of fish, prawns and mussels.... The desserts were had by 3 and by all accounts were delicious.
Either book to avoid dis-appointment or arrive early grab a table and enjoy a drink while soaking up the welcoming atmosphere.

NYC
“Lovely Pub”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice meal here our first night in Keswick. You need to know that they do two seatings in the evening, so a 7:30pm reservation is not possible. Food and atmosphere are very good.

Visited August 2013
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly pub”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I visited the lakes for a long weekend and upon arriving we ventured into Keswick in search of some food. We had heard of the Pheasant Inn from Tripadvisor and decided to give it a go. The pub was was very busy when we arrived and even though the restaurant was full we were told we could sit in the bar area to eat (which we didn't mind). The atmosphere was friendly and warm with lots of conversations. My wife had the fish pie and I had the scampi - both meals were very tasty and well presented. The portion size was just right. Service was prompt and the waiting time wasn't too bad considering the number of people also having food. If you want to eat in the restaurant you will need to book.