“Worth the walk”

Ranked #9 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The pheasants service and fresh food stands them apart from any of the other pubs in Keswick. The pub is cosy and welcoming and not too cramped like other pubs in central Keswick. The menu is varied and very good quality, the food always comes out steaming. They were very accommodating and flexible with regards to our Gluten free diets, but if I was criticize they could do with getting some Gluten free bread in on standby, as we really wanted the pate! Overall, great helpings, fresh food and very reasonably priced wine! well done

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the second time we’ve eaten at the Pheasant Inn. It is a lovely place, pleasant and informal with a good selection of drinks on tap and otherwise. Service is efficient and friendly and in general the food is good. My wife’s steak was excellent, good meat and well cooked. My curry and rice on a Thai theme (spicy Thai with coconut in the sauce?) was not. It was pretty tasteless and much the same as you’d get from out of a jar or packet! This was partly my mistake in thinking I could go exotic in a pub! I should have stuck to shoulder of lamb or steak! But why have it on the menu if you’re not going to do it well? However everything else about our experience was excellent. And as per normal, the vegetables, red cabbage, cauliflower and petit pois, were excellent. We would certainly go back but both of us will stick to the meaty options, perhaps ones we’ve tried before.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We ate an early supper at The Pheasant tonight and were not surprised how popular it is on a Monday evening once we`d had our meal. From the phone call to check availability to the service with our meal, we had a very friendly welcome and were so well looked after. The food was excellent - can recommend the pate, whitebait, slow roasted belly pork, and the chicken en croute stuffed with pate. Great dessert menu too. Highly recommend eating here if you visit Keswick.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a evening meal on Monday, 11 November 2012. The food was really good and not too expensive. The portions were a good size. I was going to have the cheeseboard but my main course filled me up. I would definitely recommend :-)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place is an absolute gem. The portions are huge, the chips are homemade, the beer's good and I could sit all night in front of the roaring fire. We've eaten here three times now and never been disappointed. The huge gammon steak with fried eggs and chips is awesome, as is the steak pie, but there's so much choice and it's all very reasonable. Put it this way, even my mother really likes it . . .