“Great food in a traditional pub”
Review of The Pheasant Inn

The Pheasant Inn
Ranked #9 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

During our weeks stay in Keswick we dined on two evenings. We don't often go to a venue twice, but the food was so good on the first visit we decided to pay another visit at the end of our holiday. On both occasions the food was excellent. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The beer was a pure joy to taste. The lamb, pork loin from the standard menu and the salmon, pork and tomatoe sausages from the specials board were extremely tasty and were a cut above normal pub grub.

1  Thank Roger T

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Place was very full of usual Lakeland visitors and the atmosphere was good/noisy but unfortunately the service & quality of food were disappointing - we'll give it a miss next time as Keswick has a lot to choose from.

1  Thank Yarmboy
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Whenever we visit the lake district we always stop off and have a meal in the pheasant. On this visit we thought the food was quiet bland and the prices had gone up so was a little disapointed. The pub is really nice and the staff very friendly its a shame it didn't match our many other visits .

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We eat at The Pheasant on two consequtive nights . Why two nights on the trot? Because we were delighted with the food and the service on the first night.
As well as having the usual favouites on the menu the pub has a well featured specials board which changes daily. Drink and food prices were reasonable and parking is available near to the pub, which also has a beer garden (not visited) with views of the Northern Fells.
I got the feeling that the staff were committed to providing a good service, they were friendly, working as a team and the pub seemed extremely well run.
The quality of food was well above average for a small pub. I had steak and ale pie on the first night with new potatoes (proper pie - no flaky pastry top here) at £9.95 and on the second night chose a pasta dish from the special board at £11.95. I can't vouch for the chips as I did not try them - I will next time. The drinks, in particular wine by the glass was reasonably priced.
If you want to be sure of eating at a chosen time I would suggest that booking is advisable. I will definately be returning to The Pheasant on my next visit to Keswick.
Please note this pub is not to be confused with The Pheasant Inn at Bassenthwaite. This Pheasant is just off the A66 at the Crosthwaite roundabout.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in the Lairbeck hotel around the corner and The Pheasant was a great place to relax from a day of hiking, driving or just sight seeing without having to worry about driving back to the hotel.
The staff were friendly and great to talk to and the food was filling and well made.