“Back again on our last night in Keswick” 5 of 5 bubbles

Morrels Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Back again on our last night in Keswick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

So glad we booked as it looked full - sadly when I sat down I realized I had lost my wedding ring (found back at the cottage phew) On arrival we where shown to our table where some friends had paid for a great bottle of red - The waiter advised that they would do their best to accommodate our daughter as 3 courses may a little too much -(aged 12) - she was delighted to be in such nice friendly surroundings - My wife and I had the 3 course amazing offer for £20 - Cheese finish was sublime Food was just as I remembered GREAT - this is a must visit place and the staff where all friendly prompt and polite - Beef I have to say was superb - happy eating - visited just after the New Year Friday evening - we will be back.

• Visited January 2014

UK
“New Years Eve delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We came here on New Years eve, having tried to get a table in a few other places first. So glad we got lucky here...great service and amazing food. Fish dish of seabass was particularly impressive. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, a must visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

03/01/2013

Taking this opportunity to write my first Tripadviser, which is prompted by the excellent food from this lovely restaurant in Keswick.

After a wet, windy and miserable day yesterday, the wait until the 5:30pm three course special was WELL worth it! For £20 and three course dining, I advise anyone around the area of Keswick (we are staying in Bassenthwaite) to make a visit. I particularly enjoyed my black pudding and ham-hock starter (I need to know how they achieved that stripe effect!), slow cooked succulent beef and mash main, and a delicious ginger pudding and ice-cream dessert. Absolutely stunning.

It was so good, my partner and I are visiting again tonight to sample the many delights we didn't get a chance to last night!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ricky J
North Wales
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our first visit to the restaurant but it certainly will not be our last. The four of us opted for the £19.95 three course meal and we were all very satisfied. Each course was very well prepared and beautifully presented. The service was great and the atmosphere war and friendly.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank lloydy46
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We always book Morrels when visiting this part of the Lakes.
Consistently good food at restaurant quality.
Many places serve up just common pub grub at similar prices.
If you're visiting Keswick I would recommend that you phone and book the restaurant in advance as it is always very busy at the weekends.
Set menus on Saturdays and Sundays are very good value and do have a good selection of choices.

• Visited November 2013