“Book ahead to avoid disappointment” 5 of 5 bubbles

Morrels Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Book ahead to avoid disappointment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ate at Morrels on Friday evening. The food was excellent. We chose from the £19.95 menu and each of the 3 courses was delicious. Service was excellent. People were being turned away during our visit so book ahead to avoid disappointment.

Visited June 2013

East Lothian
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a lovely meal here on a short stay in Keswick, Three course dinner menu for £19.95. Every course was enjoyable , fresh, hot and full of flavour. They had a good choice on their dinner menu and something to suit most tastes. It was a Tuesday evening when we were here, the restaurant was full and the service was excellent. The staff are all really nice and seemed happy at their work. We would go back here as the meal was wonderful and good value for money. Wine list also very good. One not to be missed while in Keswick.

• Visited June 2013
Scunthorpe
“Dinner with a bit extra !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Food was Ok - starters and desserts were very tasty (especially the asparagus starter and rhubarb dessert). One of the main courses was a bit of the let down - Belly Pork, having been assured by the waitress the crackling would be crispy, it wasn't even there, it had been removed and the meat was coated with a dry sauce - the pork was also dry and had clearly not been freshly cooked, tasted a bit stale and had clearly been microwaved, not what was expected !
The unexpected extra was the wet blood on the neck of the wine bottle - waitress cut herself opening the bottle, then left it at the table along with a sample of her blood, when this was pointed out the bottle was changed without question but it was a little off putting and shouldn't have happened.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Darth v
Braithwaite, null, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Amazing food as per usual! I first visited morells for the end of exams last year after my mum saying that she would treat me and I fell in love! We had the £20 set menu and it couldn't have been better! The quality of the food is amazing! Many restaurants I know would have charged more than £20 for the main course for food of a lower standard. Portion size is great if you're having the 3 course set menu, not to big, but big enough for you to feel stuffed after desert! However I do think if you were just going and having a main course you may not feel full.

I went again recently for my 17th birthday. opting to go for a 'grown up meal' rather than having a typical 'teenage party'. My friends had never been to Morells before, they were scared from looking at the menu before we visited that it would be too 'posh' and they didnt reckon that they would like any of the food, especially my boyfriend who is a very fussy eater! After helping them to decode the menu, everyone thoroughly enjoyed there food and are now begging me to think of an occasion that we can go back for! The food was superb as expected! Great prices for people like us who don't earn a great deal of money!

Me and my boyfriend love this place so much we're planning on going back for our anniversary this weekend! I just booked it tonight (tuesday) and we're going on saturday and I did struggle to get a table at a suitable time. I managed to get a table for 7.30. Ideally I would have liked a 6.30/45 time because my boyfriend usually eats at 5 o'clock, I eat a lot later so we were compromising but this was the earliest time I could get. (When I went for my birthday I did manage to get a table for 7 o'clock booking a week and a half before). SO BOOK TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!

I do think Morells a restaurant more suited for a special occasion but no one would feel out of place, the service is really welcoming and friendly! Defiantly highly recommended!

1 Thank Charlotte F
Kent
“Best in Keswick town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The 3 course set menu is fantastic value, it had a wide choice of starters & mains some of which could could be either. Gets booked up early so only managed to go twice, but both times everything was spot on, service good, comfortable seats, good lighting & both the meat & fish dish we had were cooked & seasoned perfectly. Deserts also very good.

1 Thank Crispybacon