“ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT”

Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A must visit every time we go to keswick.meal probally better than last time but i cant give an excellent +.we are never disappointed.

1  Thank martinAberfoyle
There are newer reviews for Morrels Restaurant

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The wife and I often like to get up to the lakes for the walking, and whemever we stay over in Keswick we always pay a visit to Morrels who never disappoint. Situated between the town and the lake the restuarant itself is warm and welcoming, with generous space between the tables. But it is the quality of the food and service which bring us back - tasty, well presented local fare. We never fail to leave in a good mood - which I think is the mark of a good restaurant.

1  Thank AandTP
Reviewed December 17, 2012

First time visit to Morrells on Friday 7 December and we shall certainly be back. All the food was lovely but special mention must be made to my husband's mushroom and blue cheese starter and my beef daube. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable, wine was delicious.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have been coming to Keswick for a number of years late november /early December and have always stayed at Morrels apartments. For a number of reasons we havent eaten at the restaurant for abbout 4 years but this year decided to have sunday late lunch (We were leaving on monday morning)
We booked the opening slot at 5.30 arriving to a warm resturant (it was -4 outside)
The service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive, the choice from the Table de hote menu was excellent with 2 roasts and various other meat and vegetarian options.
We had intended to only have 2 courses but after lovely starters and a great main course of slightly pink beef (there is a pink and medium option) we couldnt resist the desserts
The bill at under £100 for 4 including a large glass of white and a bottle of red wine was excellent value, we have already booked the apartment for 2013 and no doubt will be revisitting the restaurant.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went to Morrels restaurant for our Christmas Party this year.
I rang on 5 different occasions before getting through to talk to someone. When I finally got though I asked for a certain day and they were fully booked. I rang back within the hour to ask for another day and there was no answer again so I left a message on the answer machine. The never got back to me!!!!! I waited a few days and finally got though to someone again and booked our table.
This was very annoying!

However the meal was lovely. Great atmosphere, Really professional staff and the evening went very smoothly.

We have 3 courses for £16 which was a bargain

They just need to sort out their booking system