“Great vegetarian food”

The Lakeland Pedlar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been eating here for many years and, though I miss the old management,the new owners have kept the ambience and the quality of food to the same high standard.The chilli bowl is excellent and the accompanying salad is very tasty and inventive.It would be my first choice eating establishmen in Keswick and that is saying something as there are so many good pubs,restaurants cafes and bistros in the town.Try it, you won't be disappointed!

PaulMax M, Owner at The Lakeland Pedlar, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank You.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Visited this restaurant for both an evening meal and a breakfast. The evening was very busy as there was some live music, but they managed to squeeze us in.the menu was varied and the chosen goulash fresh and tasty. Great pudding as well! Breakfast porridge with honey was well cooked and substantial, with the toast being made from a "proper" loaf of bread. Clean, bright and friendly, it would be worth finding this bistro which is just behind the main square.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I haven't been to the Pedlar since January and it has obviously had a make over and I think has new owners too. I've never had a bad meal or experience at the Pedlar - every time I come to the Lakes I make sure i visit - at least once, so I hoped the new management would live up to expectation - I really wasn't disappointed!

We booked a table but on arrival only half our party were there - the rest were off buying more coats from the myriad of outdoor shops! As it was cold outside we had a hot chocolate - just to warm us through - excellent it was too! Topped with whipped cream and served with a "flake" bar - it couldn't have been more chocolatey!

Realising we were waiting a while for our fellow diners to arrive the young waiter bought us some olives to keep us going - a really nice gesture and without charge also!

Once we had all arrived we ordered and soon were served with some of the best vegetarian food we've ever had - portions are very good and taste - superb! The Nacho's are a favourite and didn't disappoint again - I think the portion size has increased though as even I found it a struggle!!!

Great service. Great food. Good portion sizes. Good Price. Fantastic location - a winning combination!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I visited here last weekend with a friend and we had the most delicious chocolate marble cake. The coffee and tea were nice too. The cafe had lovely comfy sofas to sit on plus it's dog friendly which is great if we have the dogs with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stopped by for lunch on our way up to Buttermere for the weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. We had very tasty burritos which were presented beautifully and had a nice kick; a very tasty meal. Service was unobtrusive but friendly and if I lived locally I'd certainly make it a regular haunt.