“great”

The Lakeland Pedlar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2012

great to find a real vegetarian, lots of freshly prepared meals and snacks to chose from, and a good choice of bottled beers too, big bonus during the summer months, they stay open unti 9:00pm on friday & saturdays

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Like many. we're not veggies but my brother in law spotted this place on the web and we popped in for lunch. Great menu and nice vibe, it would be so tasty being veggie if this place was on your doorstep. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

First of all you will need to find the Pedlar! From the clock tower in the market area at the centre of town, the Lakeland Pedlar is located down a narrow "tunnel" to the right (looking down from the clock), located next to a pink-coloured sweet shop and near the Cotswold Outdoor shop..

The cafe/restaurant has 9 or 10 tables inside and there are outside tables to sit at if the weather is nice. The Pedlar serves good and tasty home-cooked vegetarian food. I opted for the spicy chilli. It was unlike any chilli I've ever had before and was more of a chunky vegetable soup than a traditional chilli but don't let that put you off. It was accompanied by an interesting salad and lentil mix as well as pitta bread. The food is fresh and honest and enjoyable, and it makes a lovely change from the mediocre fare offered by so many other eating establishments. My wife and I were attended by friendly staff. I am not a vegetarian, though I was for many years, but I'm happy to recommend the Lakeland Pedlar to anyone. My wife has never been a veggie but she enjoyed the food too and it gave her some ideas for future meals at home. We didn't get around to trying the cakes selection...but maybe next time. :)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Neither of us are vegetarians but we really enjoy the food and atmosphere at the Lakeland Peddler. The main meals are tasty with good side salads and the puddings are delicious. Excellent service. We always make sure we visit when we are in Keswick. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Popped in here with my mum for lunch this week and had an AMAZING meal. We shared the Nachos which was superb and the Super Salad which was varied and interesting. The staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was lovely despite it being a Wednesday lunchtime and a bit dreary outside. We have been meaning to come here for literally years and despite being an hour away we will certainly be planning a visit to Keswick soon for an excuse to eat here again
Thank-you!