“Just not very good all round! ”
Review of Maxwells - CLOSED

Maxwells
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The food was poor. We both had the special burger with brie,The bun was obviously from a supermarket multi pack and the filling was just a tomato and burger and very melted non existent Brie. I had a cocktail which was a cheap version of a tequila sunrise. Can't knock the price for Keswick though.
The staff really didn't pay any attention to us or ask how our meal was. When we first went in I couldn't tell who worked there as they were stood in the restaurant having a chat. They didn't say if we could sit down or how if it was table service. I'd heard great things but I won't be going back. And as a local to Keswick I won't be advising others to go.

2  Thank Lauren K
Mike_choco, General Manager at Maxwells, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2014

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time and Mawells. I would like you to know since you visit we have provided all our staff with full cunstomer service training and our first priority is always the service towards customers.
As for the Tequila Sunrise being poor, i assure you that all our spirts are high quality and we have worked hard to perfect out cocktails and this is down to personal prefrance.
If you do decide to visit again I hope you have a better experiance.

Regards Michael (Genral Manager)

There are newer reviews for Maxwells

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Called in for lunch and found the options different to the average lunch menu.
Reasonably priced - small outside space for when the weather is great.
Friendly service - we chose the meze and chilli and were not disappointed

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have always enjoyed our meals and snacks at the Pedlar and now at Maxwell's tool. The salads are delicious and the addition of seafood and meat to the menu just adds more options. The coffee and beer are fabulous and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We are not locals but love coming into Keswick frequently and have eaten lots of times at Pedlar now known as Maxwells. I never write reviews as they are very subjetive and they depend on lots of factors but reading some of the comments I felt very disappointed and they were not a fair reality.

Today I have tried meat menu, thank God they have added meat to their menu, previously we ate great veggie food as we enjoy it even we are not vegeterians, but we are omnivorous so enjoy meat as well. I can't understand why so many complaints from vegeterians cause adding meat, we are not vegeterians but ate here always, they still can choose veggie food as still offered in their menu, I think now it's open for all customers and they have not restricted their clientele.

Staff was great as usual, nice, friendly an efficient, some of them are still from previous ownership which it was nice to meet again, new additions are as good as them.

There have been many changes to the place which I think have modernised it keeping it updated, place is clean, tidy and great atmosphere. I read a comment disppointed with "kind of South American music", we enjoyed it, it transported us to a sunny place, the day here was miserable raining but we did not notice it as the place kept us warm and comfortable making the trip worth it.

And finally the food was great as always, additions to the menu were a good option, plenty of food and good quality for money.

Thanks to maxwells for updating and not being stuck in the old times, keep it up, see you at our next visit to Cumbria.