“A Wonderful Lakeland Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Allerdale House Keswick
Ranked #31 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
lincolnshire
“A Wonderful Lakeland Experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I have to agree this is the best B & B i have stayed at. Me and Lucy (the dog) were made to feel exceptionally welcome. The room was spotless and the breakfast was second to none. Tony and Helen made me feel very welcome and there was a lovely atmosphere over breakfast which is just what you need when travelling solo. I hope to return again soon!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Manchester
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Just got back from the Easter break staying at Allerdale House, cannot fault it in any way. Got to go along with all the other reviews and state it is the best B&B we have stayed in for a long, long time. The hosts, Tony and Helen, will do anything they can to make your stay a happy one. The breakfasts are great and set you up for the day. The hospitality is second to none. The only way you are going to find out if we are all telling the truth is to go visit for yourself... you will not be diappointed!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Essex
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We've stayed at Allerdale House 4 times now and have never been disappointed. We'd go along with all of the other positive comments - Tony and Helen are absolutely fantastic at what they do and this is easily the best B and B that we've ever stayed in. Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed April 4, 2009

This was our second visit and once again I will have no hesitation on recommending this Guest House to my friends as long as there is still room for us.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrianNottingham
Harrow, England
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Helen and Tony were welcoming (pot of tea on arrival), friendly and helpful. The breakfast was huge and delicious - local cumberland sausage, bacon, eggs etc. My room was spotless and comfortable, with a decent bed and well-maintained facilities. There was also a pleasant guests lounge, with honesty bar, books about the area and internet access. The owners have clearly thought long and hard about how to make people's stay as pleasant as possible. Last but not least, the price was very reasonable.

1 Thank Timptastic
United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I arrived at Keswick as a single professioanl female seeking total relaxation I was looking for a safe environment to go walking, a nice place to rst my head, and a general chill. Alone.. I have stayed at Keswick numerous times and decided to ring the changes with a diffrent B&B . I had researched where to saty using the Trip Advisor and based on Allerdales ratings, I bit the bullit . The feedback from the Trip Advsior was correct about Allerdale and I wasnt dissapointed . I was very warmley welcomed as I rang the doorbell, and was greeted by name. No issue was made of my being single and my breakafst tabel was very sensitively placed (not smack bang in the centre!) My room was very nice and had all I required. The finishing touches weere nice, we ladies like attnetion to detail and even though I'd brought my own bubble bath, there were some lovely lavender bubble bath, fresh towels awaiting me. Fair Trade tea and coffee where on tap and a bottle of still water every morning in my room every day. I greeted with Tonys evervescent smile. I recommend the yoghurt crunch prepares as one of the choices Helen makes every morning. the full english fab. If I needed anything, I knew I could ask for it, and if it was possible, I know Helen and Tony would go out of their way.
Ladies, if your looking for a few days break, with a warm and friendly welcome and dont want to feel overwelmed in a big corporate hotel, I would recommend Alledale House. By the way, the walks are fabulous too! Also shopping- try Peabodies for the shoes ladies . Fab! Oh yes, and off street parking. Another plus...

Scarborough
Reviewed March 23, 2009

If you like fellwalking, but still like the comforts of home this is the place to be.The owners Helen & Tony are so friendly & helpfull. Everything about Allerdale House is exceptional in a B & B, great food, superb rooms and furnished to very high standard. Another plus for a fellwalking break is its own private car park, once I had parked my car I did not use it until I left. Five minutes from the door and you can be on your way into the fells or a five minute walk into the centre of Keswick and all its amenities, shops, restaurants, pubs, Derwentwater and 'Theatre by the Lake'. Exellent value, you will not be disappointed, Allerdale House has to be one of the top B&B's in the Lake District - Highly Recommended!