“Lovely friendly b+b”
Review of Cranford House

Cranford House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Cranford House
Ranked #126 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Carol and Kev have run this b+b now for around eight years and we have been staying with them since they first started. They are a very friendly couple the b+b is great it's clean and comfortable and the choice for breakfast is plentiful from continental to kippers or a full English. It is close to town no more than a few minutes walk yet just far enough to make it quiet on a night .I would absolutely recommend this lovely b+b with it's friendly owners it's also very good value for money if you are thinking of booking don't hesitate .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cranford House

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed for one night as a stop over whilst cycle training for an event. The room was very clean and fresh and had everything needed for a short stay. Have to say the room was probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms i've stayed in (I even looked under and behind the bed)

+'s
- Cheap clean no fuss
- Good breakfast (you would easily pay £20 for this in a five star hote)
- Bike friendly

-'s
- Bed a bit too soft for me. One night was ok but more I think my back would be complaining.
- Maybe a little bit out of the main centre, but not walkable in 5 minutes.
- If the hotel was full im not sure how the loo and showers would work out.
- Had a little 'you felt like you were in someone else's house' feel about it

I would stay there again though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hosts / privacy - sometimes in B&Bs you feel like you're staying in someone's spare room but not here, we had an en suite and were not bothered which was lovely. At breakfast Carol would talk to guests but not at all 'in your face' just pleasant, cheery chatter

Rooms - our room wasn't huge but it was clean, tidy and had all we needed. We were only there two nights and had good weather so were out most of the day but then again that's what you do when you're in the lakes!

Location - perfect! Keswick is a great base to explore the lakes and the B&B was close to Derwent Water, easy access to everywhere but not overrun with tourists. We could walk in 5mins into Keswick town to have dinner each night which was a lovely place

Breakfast - some might say not lots of choice but then what more do you need than a full English, toast and cereal - more than enough for a B&B and it filled us up for the day

Value - staying in Keswick isn't cheap, we paid just under £70 per night which isn't brilliant but it's just what you pay there

Quiet - down a quiet street so you get a good night sleep and no disruptions

I travelled to the Lakes with my boyfriend and I would happily stay again at this B&B

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I'll start off by praising the accommodation, it was fine, no problem at all. Clean, tidy and had everything you would need. Well priced and well appointed, I would recommend it.
I won't be going back though as unfortunately being spoken to like I'm an idiot by one of the owners means I will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here on the 3rd November just for the night with another couple of friends. We were given a very warm welcome by Carol. Our en suite room was very clean with tea and coffee making facilities,flat screen TV and had an enormous bed which was extremely comfortable with good linen, what else do you need. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and a good variety of cereals,yoghurts etc, and the full English was excellent and the toast kept on coming. We all found Carol and Kev perfect hosts and they work so hard. I would not hesitate to recommend this guest house to anyone. Thank you both very much and we all hope you both had a great holiday in Egypt.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank citysue1772
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hostess was nice, the place was clean and the food was very nice. On the top floor a section of the bannister was alarmingly shakey. I should have mentioned it to the hostess when I was there. It needs to be made secure before it becomes hazardous. The shower I was allocated was on the landing below my room. It was not a fitted shower but utilised the taps with a shower head that needed to be placed in its holder. This was in a bathtub, pergaps not very convenient for older people. But there was shower gel provided which in some other places is not the case.
My room was very small but that seems to be the case with single rooms in b and bs on Eskin St. The place had a homely feel which I like and there was a cabinet with toiletries previous guests had left behind and which guests could make use of if they had forgotten to bring some item .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 36southwoods
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here on our Cumbria Way walk. Arrived slightly earlier that expected but was given a hearty welcome. Room was excellent, clean, tidy and practical. Breakfast was superb and hosts remained friendly and approachable at all times. Would highly recommend a stay here and will return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family