The Royal Oak at Keswick
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Lyzzick Hall Hotel(Castlerigg)
View Hotel
All reviewslamb hotpotthe pubsteak and ale pieflask of fresh milkbooked a tablean overnight stayate hereminutes walk awaycumberland sausagean evening mealeggs benedictcumbrian breakfastgood nights sleepcentre of townstayed for nightscouple of nightsgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed Saturday 21st September, staff very friendly and welcoming. Manager went that extra mile to help to accommodate us. Room clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The Inn provided a good breakfast with plenty of choice. Excellent Inn with character. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Royal Oak at Keswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

My pleasure to go the extra mile for you, we like to think all the team do as standard. I will pass on your comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We decided to go up to Keswick for the day, I was quite a lovely day this Sunday 22nd September 2013 so of we went. We have always gone in The Inn Hotel for lunch or evening dinner and have always been satisfied with the quality of the food. However this time the quality of the food was shocking, Soup of the day was poor it was thick gloopy and looked like it had been reheated in a microwave.
The ploughmans lunch was served on a wooden board which had seen better days and it didn't look hygienic. Although there was plenty of food on the board it looked like it had been thrown together in desperation, this was evident by the apple that had been just sliced in half with the pips core and stalk not cut out. A culinary faux pas! From two unhappy customers who will be looking for somewhere else to eat in future....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. We are trying hard to get better and recently changed kitchen personnel in our quest to get better. I hope on your next visit to Keswick you will give us another try.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed Friday 13 and Saturday 14 September, with a party in another Hotel, for walking weekend.
Room was okay, bed comfortable.
Entrance to the reception is terrible...opening door and door to rooms clash into each other and this is difficult carrying bags.
Reception very casual, didn't say we had to ask for milk (they provide it in flask).
Saturday's breakfast was provided in the bar, okay it's an Inn, but there is no attempt to make the experience cosy. Chairs where left piled on the tables, my breakfast order was wrong, had to send it back. Breakfast minimal and badly cooked. Toast presented cold and burnt or not all at toasted.
Not good value for the money.

1  Thank Chrissie H

I'm so sorry you though we didn't provide value for money, as this is one of the things we try hard to do. I agree with you regarding reception and plans are in place to refurbish and re-plan the area mentioned, hopefully when its done you can give us another try and leave satisfied? I share all comments positive and negative with the team in an effort to get better.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I don't know why I've missed this Inn before. It must have always been there. It's part of the Town's history. And I was surprised how lively Keswick is on a warm August night. The bars are very popular.
We were greeted like we owned the place! Nothing was any trouble. The staff were quite remarkable.
Room was excellent, in very good state. Good nights sleep was easy!
My only criticism is that thought the wine at the bar was somewhat overpriced. didn't stop me though!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for your positive comments, so glad you enjoyed our hospitality and hope to see you on your next visit to Keswick.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here lastnight with my boyfriend after searching all around Keswick looking for somewhere that would accept us for a one night stay lastminute I called into the inn and the man on reception was really friendly and helpful.The inn was actually cheaper than any of the small B&Bs we enquired at and was in a great location with a great atmosphere. Room was quite small but very cosy
and had everything we needed. Was pleased to see that there was an option to have bacon butties ect instead of a full breakfast. Breakfast was good and will look forward to staying here again on our next visit to Keswick.

• Stayed: September 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the price, we like to think we offer value for money and we hope to look after you on your next visit to Keswick.