“One of my favourite places ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Great Wood

Great Wood
Ranked #48 of 63 things to do in Keswick
Wallasey, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of my favourite places ever.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I came to the Lake District for the first time when I was a child with my parents and we drove through the woods and I distinctly remember seeing the sun on the lake through the trees and all the tiny shadows of leaves on the road. I always said I wanted to come back when I was older so I could spend more time there.
I went back with my partner a little under a year ago and it was even more beautiful than I remembered. We walked down the hill and saw deer, which we were amazed by. At the bottom of the hill is the lake, which is beyond beautiful. There is nothing better than standing at the edge of the water when the sun is starting to go down. It's very peaceful there. Feels like you're in another world.

Visited April 2013

stowmarket
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lovely Walks”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We loved the peace and quiet in this wood. A great place to walk up to Walla Crag or to Ashness Bridge. Two years ago we saw a red squirrel, last year a roe deer, this year we saw and heard treecreepers. The autumn colours looked stunning. Good views over Derwentwater.

Visited November 2013