“Terrible and infuriating.”
Review of Lakeside Tea Gardens - CLOSED

Lakeside Tea Gardens
Cuisines: British
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have just been there for scones and tea. I asked for a pot of tea for two as she put it on the tray I realised they did earl grey and asked kindly if it would be ok to change it (I really fancied an earl grey and it would have made a big difference to my experience if they had obliged) the girl said abruptly and in a rude tone, no as she had done it now, unless I want to pay for two pots. I meekly accepted but felt it was all wrong and could not settle to enjoy. I asked to speak to the manager (who is also the owner from the news clipping on the wall) he was even more unacceptable- said "well she would have had to throw it out though wouldn't she" in a challenging tone, then walked away- how extremely rude attitude!! The price was quiet dear yet we all know how much 2 teabags and a bit of hot water cost - about twenty pence tops. Extremely poor and ruined our glow after the lovely rowing boat experience. seems in this place the customer is always wrong. Will never go back nor recommend even to an enemy!

1  Thank polishmonk

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stopped at the tea gardens for tea, coffee and rum and butter scones on our way back to our self-catering unit near the RC Church. We had enjoyed a morning launch trip on Derwentwater and so we were ready for light refreshments.

We found the service good and we felt that food was rather expensive. We sat outside and enjoyed the background music of the pianola inside. The establishment was very clean inside and out.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We live locally and decided to stop in for a sandwich and drink while out one day. We both had sausage sandwiches whuch were microwaved. She gave us it dry so I asked for butter and they charged us. I then asked for sauce and they charged for that. I thought that butter and sauce would come as standard when you're paying £5 for a sandwich. The staff were rude. I will not return!

1  Thank MrsWilkinsonCumbria
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited today after spending the day in Keswick a lovely day until we visited this cafe.
On arrival looked ok and we had our dog with us so handy to have afternoon tea outside. Went in to order and asked for 2 teas as my partner likes it strong i asked if we could have it in a teapot so it could brew for a while she said does that mean you want a pot of tea for 2 then and I said yes please might be better the young red headed staff member said what a waste that was I said just put the tea bag out of the cup into the teapot instead she said to her colleague here take that it's a waste. I think staff here need to be taught some customer service skills not a smile on her face she practically threw my change at me how rude and hard it must be to stay that miserable throughout the day.
I hope someone who owns this tearooms actually takes time to read theses reviews and acts upon them I know I certainly would if I was the owner. Neither my self or my partner will go to this tearooms again.
Also very rude to an old lady who was asking for a key to go to the toilet. Stay Away!

3  Thank Jilly12345
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited for the first & last time in June. Lovely day, thought we'd go in to a traditional tea gardens for a drink & rum butter scones, rum butter being a local tradition. Nothing traditional about lakeside tea rooms - a long confusing walk through the rear area to get in, self - service, rum butter scones with cream on which killed the small taste of rum - have had it before - no smiles from any of the staff, not made to feel welcome, almost an inconvenience. Don't even mention the toilets!

1  Thank Lifeis55