“A quality experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“A quality experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I have just got back home after a lovely meal here. The Garlic Mushrooms starter was probably the best I are ever had. The main meal (Chicken with pasta in a cream and tomato sauce) was very tasty, well cooked and nicely presented. Dessert of Sticky Toffee Pudding was excellent. The waitress brought a separate jug of pouring cream, as requested, without fuss. All in all a great meal. Staff were professional, friendly, helpful and efficient. Great atmosphere with diners looking as though they were enjoying themselves. The restaurant was clean and modern. One point which may be of interest is that they also provide gluten free pasta to those who require it.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank HounddDogg

“Not worth the money”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited once before christmas and was overly happy with the food a nice quiet restraunt only 2 staff a few people in food was great perfectly seasoned and portioned. Recently visited to be kept waiting at the door till some one found time to seat us. For the prices charged I expected much better. Food tasted off and the sauce was cold pizza burnt underneath. Ide complain if staff looked like they could give a damm. Sorry to be nasty but it has to be said not worth the money we spent.

• Visited August 2013
Lucy M, Owner at Bel Cibo, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. When you visited us before Christmas, this was out of season and would have been much quieter; when you visited us recently, this was peak season and without a booking, it would have been quite difficult to seat you on any evening. At this point, I would like to point out that all my members of staff are attentive and welcoming.

As for the cost of your meal, I am sorry that you were not happy with this, but we have carried out quite detailed research and we are very confident that we are less expensive than any other Italian restaurant in Keswick.

I can assure you the food was not off! As we had been closed for 2 days due to the funeral of a close family member, we had ordered all fresh ingredients for delivery that day. If I had experienced a pizza that bad, I would have made it my priority to make sure I complained.
Southport, England, United Kingdom
“Great end to a great day”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate here for the first time last Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the ambiance , the staff were friendly and welcoming even though the restaurant was very busy with a whole range of diners - couples young and old and families. The food is very good and the portions are generous . In fact it was so good we are going again this week!

2 Thank Ann S
Liverpool
“Bel Cibo should be higher in the Keswick restaurant ranks”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I ate hear twice over a week and had steak both times. It was delicious - juicy, flavoursome sauce, a large portion and nice chips. Awesome. Dressed crab starter also very nice. Pleasant surroundings inside the restaurant too - strongly disagree with the 'run down' remark in another review. My girlfriend's sea bass was great too. 100% recommended.

2 Thank TL_24
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Why the bad press?”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our meals here - we visited twice. Having eaten widely in Italy we considered this to be a good restaurant, delivering good Italian food. We had pasta & risotto as well as starters. The portion sizes were good and the service was excellent.

3 Thank JamesDeans86