“Skiddaw Hotel - lounge bar”

Bar Lounge and Conservatory - Skiddaw Hotel
Ranked #109 of 139 Restaurants in Keswick
Reviewed April 21, 2014

As it was Easter Monday decided to go to Keswick for lunch and thought we would try the Siddaw Hotel and went to the lounge bar. The service was very slow and haphazard, in fact three sets of people can in after us and were served before we were! The waiters were fine and polite but the bar staff left a little to be desired. The food is good but for what you pay the portions are small so not really good value for money which is a shame as the bar is clean and comfortable and a great place to relax with a pint, but will think twice about eating there in future.

There are newer reviews for Bar Lounge and Conservatory - Skiddaw Hotel

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Ate at the conservatory on a quiet Sunday night.

Since no staff appeared to take my order, I placed it at the
Bar. Food selection was poor and overpriced. Choice was not taxing, only a cold seafood selection and pie and mash.

After waiting on the food for an hour was astounded to be told that the order was being processed. Which neither answered the question or addressed the problem.

Had I not already paid would have left long before then.

Staff attitude stinks and frankly is beyond retraining. The only solution in my mind would be dismissal.

Looking around on the night mine did not appear to be the only problem.

1  Thank 92,002
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Lovely bar area high class but comfortable, the staff were very friendly. Good choice of beers. I would certainly recommend this is worth a visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Totally overpriced, I had the steak and ale pie which had been warmed up in the microwave and was very stodgy with a handful of frozen chips! My husband had the cumberland sausage which was about the size of 2 link sausages and not remotely local, 11.50 and 11.75 respectfully. Lots of staff but the service was pretty poor, would definitely not recommend.

1  Thank elizaj74
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel has a great location in the main square at Keswick and is good if you want to people watch . That is handy because the service is poor and my food was not good . Keswick was busy when we went out to eat and most restaurants we tried had waits of up to an hour for a table . We spotted an empty table and were allowed to sit there with the dirty pots from previous diner . H ad to ask three times for table to be wiped and our first order was lost so had to order again. half hour wait positioned with us when we sat down and food delivered around that time . I assume that some of their staff finish their shifts as after our food was served the next staff member we saw was the barman who took our plates . I complained about food standard and in particular the broccoli that was uncooked - pity you didn't tell me earlier when I could have done something about it was the response . As we were on holiday I did not taken it further but food and wine are overpriced - my roast pork was mass produced , veg frozen and staff attitudes lousy