“Friendly, well-stocked bar for nice beers and wines”
Review of Magnolia Belgian

Magnolia Belgian
Ranked #53 of 129 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Friendly, well-stocked bar for nice beers and wines”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a choice of beers - real ales and Belgian bottles - and wines, in pleasant, sophisticated surroundings. So nice compared to the busyness and corner-cutting you can find in other Keswick drinking spots. On the odd occasion we've eaten there it's been lovely, but I recommend it as a nice, different place to have a drink in the centre of town.

• Visited March 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Two visits - huge different”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I visited this place at beginning of March for early bird dinner at 6.45 and loved it. The beer was nice, the pizza was lovely and my partners Lamb was also very good. We even had trio of desserts and it was all very good. My only downfall was the time it took for the food but we were not in a hurry so it was fine. We went back at the beginning of April and what a difference. Service was slow and food was Awful! We ate at 6.45 again but the menu we had last time was now not available. So I ordered steak and my partner had the Lamb. We waited 50 minutes for our food and then when it came what a let down. The steak was so tough the knife could hardly cut it. I asked for it Medium/Rare and it was well well done. They brought out a second steak and it was just as bad as the first. Don't even ask about the Lamb. We had to get out and go get ice cream from Casa bella which is much better place for eating, we should have stuck with it. Afraid we won't be going back any time soon.

4 Thank Mantraveller16
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced, poor quality, I would not recommend this for lunch.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a family lunch here and were really disappointed with the quality of food. The prices are quite high. We ordered beef sandwiches, the bread was like tesco value and the beef which was described as hot was cold and tough. We ordered the child's pasta for 4.95 which was basically overcooked pasta with a tin of chopped tomatoes and this was also cold . Overall we would not recommend this place.

1 Thank Charlotteloujones
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Huge selection of beer and wine.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went in for a quick snack and were pleasantly surprised. There is a huge selection of world beers and wines. I really enjoy wheat beer and they had one on tap. The best wheat beer I have ever had. My husband went for my usual tipple of Erdinger (also a wheat beer).

We were enticed by the chucky chips and dips. My husband ordered the Matured cheese sandwich with pickle. However, they forgot to put the pickle in the sandwich, on the side was a lovely dressed salad. The chunky chips were excellent, but they didn’t come with dips. The fries came with some delicious garlic mayonnaise.

All in all, it is a great place for beer and average for food.

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Early Bird”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went here for an early meal before going to the Theatre, they advertise Pizza & Pasta Early Bird Menu. Nice place but small and tables very close together, however at the time we went (5.30) this was not a problem. Service lukewarm at best, staff were discussing very loudly about a staff member who had not turned up, they seemed to be more concerned about this than us as customers. Food was pretty poor, I ordered the Lasagne and the top of it had been cremated, surely either the chef or the waiter could have noticed? Must be better pre-theatre options in Keswick, I would avoid again and suggest you do too

2 Thank essate