“coffee”

Ranked #27 of 139 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly 60's themed cafe diner on the outskirts of Keswick, just 150yds from the A66 with off road private parking and plenty of outside seating. 'Highly Commended' by Cumbria Life Magazine in the 2013 Food & Drink Awards and finalists again in 2015. We offer local freshly ground coffee from John Watt & Sons and an extensive menu including all-day breakfasts, Brunch, a wide range of Lakeland Steakburgers, Eggs Benedict and sweet or savoury American Buttermilk pancake stacks and a wide range of vegetarian options.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

the decor was brilliant.coffee was a bit strong for me but service was great and place was very clean and tidy really nice staff

5  Thank Debbie S
There are newer reviews for The Filling Station

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Visited this morning with the Mrs and the breakfast was fantastic. I got that much I couldn't eat it all. The cafe is clean and tidy, free wifi and good friendly and professional staff. We will be back soon with only living 45mins away. Can't believe we haven't been before now.

4  Thank Keiran F
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Huge mugs of fresh coffee, proper tasty full English breakfast, great service and they allowed our dogs to sit with us PERFECT!!

3  Thank PrincessAlice
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stopped off here as part of a tour of the lakes and surrounding area, both myself and the other half are confirmed petrolheads, and we made sure this was a part of our visit to the area, absolutely loved it, we could have sat in the cafe within view of my precious car, but as it was a nice day, opted to sit outside instead. Loved the interior of the cafe, although I'm not a biker as such I still 'get' the biker ethos, and loved the Guy Martin (local to my area) quote on the wall, we made to feel very welcome. The food was excellent as was the service. Definitely a must visit whenever myself or friends visit Keswick in the future.

3  Thank sierrabravo999
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This little cafe is always a place I can happily recommend to friends and strangers alike, that when visiting Keswick, you will be sure of a warm welcome by the friendly staff, great food in a quirky but tastefully themed cafe, settled on a quiter edge of town away from the rowdy street cafes and pubs of Keswick, generally selling OKish food,with the odd exception.
It has a wonderful rich history behind it, as it used to be a Petrol Station, alongside pictures of the old business and the owners passion for motorbikes, the walls are adourned with interesting pictures and quotes.
As it is such a small cafe with booth seating, you may want to get there early, particularly on a hot summers day and there are some picnic benches to sit on outside, offering you a lovely view of the mountains if you face down into Keswick. Another great thing is that there is FREE off road parking for customers of the Cafe.
The food is consistently good , on top of the great locally sourced burgers, pancake stacks, you will also find a specials board, with some interesting delights, such a Tabouleh salad with Halloumi cheese.
The cafe also has free wifi, but I would suggest to leave all your gadgets at home and enjoy all that the Lakes has to offer.
As a frequent visitor to Keswick, living only half an hour away, I often pop in for food and/or a drink.
We were in Keswick last night and as we drove in saw how bustling and vibrant the cafe was. We didn't stop as we had shopping to do. My daughter asked if we could go there for tea instead, after we had finished shopping. Unfortunately and words fail me why, the cafe is not allowed to open after 6pm through the week, although I do believe that after 2 years down the line, they are still battling the system to try and get a later licence to open, as with all the other comapanies in the area, selling food. And so, we had to eat elsewhere, opting for a picnic by the shores of Derwentwater.
However, as were approaching the cafe to pass by, I noticed their car park busy, with a few cars parked in the parking bays, we were excited as we thought the ruling may have been overturned. To our dismay, the cafe was closed and it was in fact, customers from the pub parking on the cafe's private land. I have heard that this unfortunately happen on a regular basis.
All this aside, when in Keswick, be sure to stop by and support a locally owned cafe, no chain here, who employ local staff. You will get good service and great food at a price you cn afford.

4  Thank bonviolet