“Cumbrias Route 66 Gets Its Diner - Best Burger EVER!!!”

The Filling Station
Ranked #26 of 155 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly cafe diner on the outskirts of Keswick, just 150yds from the A66 with off road private parking and plenty of outside seating. 'Highly Commended' by Cumbria Life Magazine in the 2013 Food & Drink Awards and finalists again in 2015. We offer local freshly ground coffee from John Watt & Sons and a menu focusing on fresh local produce including all-day breakfasts, Brunch, Lakeland Steakburgers, Eggs Benedict, sweet or savoury American pancakes , Homemade chips and a selection of vegitarian dishes including our delicious portobello mushroom and halloumi burger!
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

A succulent juicy burger with a tangy relish, sweet yet sharp gherkins, a pile of fries and a bistro salad dressed with balsamic and croutons, washed down with a pint of Assam tea with soft rock ballads playing in the background sat in a pseudo-American diner in gods country; Cumbria.

I have died and gone to heaven.

If this was my last ever meal, I'd die happy. This burger is the most delicious moreish delight that I've ever had. Simply - the best combination of beef and bun I've had in 30 years of life on this earth. Truly fantastic.

A relaxed style, a modern design and friendly welcoming staff. This venue deserves to be higher up the charts, and it's already 4th!

Only pointer, get some decaf tea in!! But I am nitpicking. Get down to 1950's America, turn off Route 66 and get one of the burgers named after the road.

Finally, England's Route 66 gets it's diner.

1  Thank TheDJsOnTour

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Been wanting to visit the filling station cafe for a while, after hearing good reviews. Finally got the opportunity last Saturday, prior to visiting keswick. Arrived at 9:30 and we were lucky to get a table. I had the full English breakfast, very tasty and cooked just right. My wife had the eggs Benedict, which was also very tasty. The kids had the pancake stacks, one with ice cream and one with streaky bacon. The different size mugs of tea, coffee etc we're a great idea. Staff very friendly. Will definitely be visiting again.

2  Thank wishy1
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Was excited to hear there was a biker cafe in the lakes but sadly it was a waste of money. I ordered a latte and 'steak' burger costing over ten pounds. Coffee sucked (cant believe people cant get this right these days) and [--] knows what they are thinking calling these burgers steak burgers, no difference to a road side cafe burger except the price. Fries were good, salad was old/limp and drowned in balsamic to hide it. The place lacked authenticity of what i think they were trying to be (retro 40's50's diner) and the staff lacked interest in serving a new custom.

2  Thank joshuag
Reviewed September 30, 2013

this was our first visit in september. We had lunch breakfast and quite a few coffees.
Very clean inside and great decor. can also sit outside and park.
Food great really enjoyed their burgers. Service very friendly and helpfull.
Wish we could have dinner there but they are not open late.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited this place after hearing about it at a bike shop.
A lovely little cafe and I had a good burger too.
It's a cracking ride out to get there too.
I will certainly be returning.

2  Thank Gary M