“Forgotten Lunch”

The Filling Station
Ranked #19 of 129 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family friendly 60's themed cafe diner on the outskirts of Keswick, just 150yds from the A66 with off road private parking and outside seating. 'Highly Commended' by Cumbria Life Magazine in the 2013 Food & Drink Awards and finalists again in 2015. We offer freshly ground coffees and an extensive menu including all-day breakfasts, a wide range of Lakeland Steakburgers and sweet or savoury American Buttermilk pancake stacks in addition to a wide range of vegetarian dishes.
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Forgotten Lunch”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I set off to work looking forward to my tuna sandwich for lunch, 10 mins on the way realised I'd left all my lunch, and I'm glad I did!

Great service, great food (pile of pancakes with maple syrup and ice cream), great price (was only £4) and a lovely atmosphere, I can't wait till I have chance to go again!

3 Thank Emily W

“Dog friendly”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a great cafe food was amazing we had poached eggs on muffins with bacon spinach and hollandaise sauce plus 2 lattes great value to £17 . Loved the fact we could take our dog inside cafe and staff gave her water and a bonio . Staff were so friendly to they chatted away to us . Will be back on our next visit to Keswick for sure

1 Thank Gillian E
“Sunday run out.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to the filling station to checkout if it was as good as the website looked. Yes it was. The food was great and the place was very buisy we didn't have to wait long for our order. The cups of tea are the type Guy martin would approve of (massive).All in all this will be a regular stop for me and my son on our bike trips through the lakes. :) Cheers. Weldone to all the staff.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“great burger”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

visited here saturday 13/7 after reading reviews on here and werent disappointed the burgers are huge mine the 66 burger the wife opted for the blue cheese they came with fries and coleslaw and salad and at £7.90 was good value.quite busy when we were there always a good sign but still plenty seats as there are benches outside will be visiting again soon.

1 Thank rob1812
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Found out about this place on twitter and called in.
Burgers were huge and juicy, my BBQ burger was delicious.
Service was excellent, cold drinks on a hot day.
I'll be back and if your in Keswick or even the lakes you should make the trip.
You won't be disappointed.