“Dog Friendly”

Ranked #19 of 130 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly 60's themed cafe diner on the outskirts of Keswick, just 150yds from the A66 with off road private parking and plenty of outside seating. 'Highly Commended' by Cumbria Life Magazine in the 2013 Food & Drink Awards and finalists again in 2015. We offer local freshly ground coffee from John Watt & Sons and an extensive menu including all-day breakfasts, Brunch, a wide range of Lakeland Steakburgers, Eggs Benedict and sweet or savoury American Buttermilk pancake stacks and a wide range of vegetarian options.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Dog Friendly”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Billed as a themed cafe with a bike theme, we recently visited for lunch with Frank our Dogue de Bordeaux. While we were dining the cafe welcomed several bikers, a young family and a pair of muddy walkers, all of whom were welcomed with the same friendly smile. I highly recommend this cafe for anyone visiting the Keswick area.

5 Thank PeteGorley

Cumbria
“Great diner.experience for all the family”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great place with groovy retro design and friendly staff. Food is brill, coffee amazing. Doors open to all; walkers, bikers, famillies, friends and even dogs. This place is so refreshing, nothing too much trouble, subs on menu if you want. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed.

5 Thank Jane37
Cumbria
“Saturday 14th April, 2012”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Called in with my husband and son and were delighted by the friendly, welcoming staff and wonderful, tasty food. Will definitely be back ! ( Have "Followed" Kieron through his trials and tribulations before opening and left many encouraging, supporting comments via facebook ) Well done, you, your cafe, food and staff have all done you very proud !!! :-)

4 Thank Jackie H
Kendal
“Everyone is welcome”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have visited the cafe a few times with biker friends, but during the Easter holidays, I visited Keswick with my 4 children. I took them to the Keswick leisure pool first which is just round the corner then we went to the Filling Station for lunch. I knew they would be made to feel welcome and I wasn't disappointed - they all loved their food which was quality stuff. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating to the kids' various demands/likes/dislikes, which meant I could enjoy my latte & breakfast bun in peace! I love the fact that its local food which is used and am willing to pay a bit extra to ensure that my family are eating good stuff.
Would recommend to anyone visiting the area - everyone is welcome!

6 Thank Justine L
London, United Kingdom
“Bruch turned into breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

To round off a busy bank holiday my partner and I decided to jump on the bike and take a turn around the Lakes, we'd heard about the Filling Station Cafe so (what with our lazy start in the morning) decided to head there for brunch. Pulling up to the front was great for the eyes, a retro feel with modern comforts and big windows so you can see the day (and whatever you've parked up outside). The interior was clean and bright and the lass behind the counter was straight on with the coffees while we peeled ourselves out of our damp leathers. We'd been aiming for brunch, but both the breakfast and the dinner menus looked good, so we opted for Eggs Benedict as a starter and then burgers to follow. The eggs were perfect - so hard to find beautifully poached eggs and the sauce was a great consistency and a perfect amount. The burgers to follow were fantastically tasty and well presented. The atmosphere was friendly and chilled with locals and walkers sharing in the great food and coffee too. Will definitely be heading back next time I'm in the area.

3 Thank MarianBBB