“Definitely a Fudgeaholics Destination”
Review of Ye Olde Friars

Ye Olde Friars
Ranked #2 of 20 Shopping in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: Located right in the heart of the Market Square, Ye Olde Friars has long been one of Keswick's iconic shops. Spread across four shop fronts and with over 1000 lines including chocolates, sweets, gifts and preserves, Friars is a must visit.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Definitely a Fudgeaholics Destination”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a superb selection of fudge, sweets, nougats etc. This shoppe is a must destination for presents and treats. If you like something different try the Chilli Jellies.

Visited May 2013

Canvey, null, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Olde worlde”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

What a lovely shop, it's a sweet heaven to the eyes. My granddaughter loves me bringing her something back from my travels, in this shop I was stuck just how many things to get her lol.
I did treat my self to some traditional Kendal cake whilst my better half found the handmade fudge !!

Glasgow, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must to visit”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Always top of my to do list when I visit Keswick.

Top quality items and lots of choice, I always find something different every time I visit.

So much to chose from that I always end up spending more than I planned.

Visited June 2012
Salem, Indiana
“Ye Olde Friars of Keswick - a Must Visit Shoppe!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I visit Cumbria at least twice a year from the US and we ALWAYS make a point to come to Ye Olde Friars of Keswick shoppe! A feast for the senses! Beautiful displays!! Friendly Staff who provide excellent service!! Such wonderful gift ideas!! We will be visiting again in June! We highly recommend this shoppe!!!

Visited June 2011
COVENTRY, UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Keswick Highlight”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Don't miss this shop if you are in Keswick and have a sweet tooth or know someone who does. They have great gift sets & gift ideas and seasonal themes. Their mint creams are amazing and if you like a bit of " hot stuff" try the chilly jellies. These also make a great gift. I also like the dreid fruit coated sweets and the fruit creams/fondants. There is something for every price range and you can spend a good while browsing! I ended up standing outside with the dogs for over and hour whilst my friend and son browsed and the window display kept me vry entertained.I can also recommend the website, I ordered for Easter and the items arrived quickly and well wrapped. The webcams are great too if you can't get up to the Lakes as often as you like. You can also follow on Facebook and there are lovely pictures posted. Friar's is an " experience" it is more than just a shop. 5 stars!

Visited October 2011