“Excellent”

Golden Lion
Ranked #42 of 129 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Visited last week with a group of friends, didn't expect anything special but we had a fantastic time!
The food was all freshly made and delicious, I had the steak and it was cooked perfectly, it was served with the nicest pepper sauce I have ever tasted, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes and homemade fries.
My friends had homemade burgers and some had the steak and ale pie and they all loved their food too.
The service in the golden lion was great and there was a really good atmosphere in the pub. We will definitely visit again when in the area!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank KristenDaly

Keswick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Sunday lunch!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great food and atmosphere been with and without kids made to feel very welcome every time. Very relaxed, great staff and music!

1 Thank hhh186327
aberfoyle
“GOOD PUB GRUB/DOG Friendly”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had a good meal here. not A fancy Setting But What they serve you is hot and tasty.The spicy ribs were excellent. and the portion of chicken wing would have done as a main course.All we had was freshly made.and we could take the dog with us.

Keswick, United Kingdom
“Excellent.”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My Husband and I have eaten in The Golden Lion numerous times. Never had a bad meal. Food is excellent, can't fault it. I would go as far as saying it's probably the best pub food and best value in Keswick.

1 Thank Sue D
Linz, Austria
“Average”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My food was worse than I expected (in salmon pie there were just a few very small pieces of salmon, not worth a price), anyway atmosphere and service were good and my friends were more satisfied, so I expect my food was just an exception.

• Visited April 2012
simmytaylor, Owner at Golden Lion, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hello I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal, but i just wanted to clarify to others that the dish is a smoked salmon fishcake which consists of mash potatoes, white fish ,and smoked salmon and not a pie which the gentleman seems to have expected. It is one of our most popular dishes and had you alerted us to your displeasure we would have rectified the situation. Once again I am sorry that you weren't satisfied
Regards