“Excellent B and B - highly recommended!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
The Cartwheel Guest House
Ranked #30 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have just returned from my 3rd stay with Tina and Bernie at the Cartwheel. This is an excellent B and B right in the heart of Keswick, and I can highly recommend it. Tina and Bernie are fantastic hosts, they are very welcoming and friendly and will do anything to make your stay as comfortable and as happy as possible. They are very relaxed, and make you feel at home. The place is always immaculately clean, and the bedroom I stayed in was well furnished with a lovely comfy bed, TV, nice décor and a lovely on-suite with a great shower (I stayed in the single en-suite). There is also a complimentary well stocked tea/coffee/chocolate tray in the room.

The breakfasts feature a great selection of cereal, fresh fruit, and yoghurts. The cooked breakfast is ample and delicious, and there is plenty of filter coffee and toast and preserves on offer. Also, as a lovely touch, Bernie bakes home-made cakes (time permitting), which can often be found in the dining room upon your return from a hard day in the fells! I sampled some apple cake, gingerbread and a rock bun on my stay – all very delicious! So thanks for that Bernie!

They also have a drying room, which makes a big difference when your clothes are soaked through.
The price is also very reasonable, and great value for money.
There is plenty of free on-street parking also, which is always a bonus! It is located in a quiet street a minutes walk away from the town centre, and is easy to find and a great location for exploring.
I am looking forward to seeing Tina and Bernie again next year!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Single en-suite at the back of the B and B - very quiet with a nice view out the bac...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Miss G
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. It was a real compliment to hear you speak at breakfast of coming" home" upon your return from the fells the previous day, after all that's what's important, feeling comfortable. It's also good to know that in your opinion we appear to be hitting the mark with regards to being reasonable priced and offer great value for money, in the words of a famous supermarket ..."every little helps" these days. Take care and we look forward to seeing you back us again soon, perhaps to take some Spring photographs, as a change from the Autumn colour.

There are newer reviews for The Cartwheel Guest House

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed in September for a few days. A very warm welcome, to a clean comfortable room. The breakfast was tasty and the fruit salad was excellent. our favourite bit was the afternoon cake to welcome us back from our ramblings. We would be happy to recommend this accommodation to others.

Dave and Hazel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A gem of a place owned by such a wonderful couple. No request was too much trouble including walking routes, supplying of O.S.maps , best places in Keswick to eat and a great array of Lakeland reading matter. The single room had everything I needed, was extremely clean and well decorated. The hearty breakfast and afternoon home baked teas were delicious. Tina and Bernie were amazing hosts so warm and friendly. They and their many talents would easily grace an establishment anywhere. Brilliant free parking, only 2mins from Keswick town centre. The whole vacation was enhanced by my stay at the Cartwheel and I intend to stay again I will certainly recommend it to everyone. Great value for money(too cheap!) and this from a well travelled Yorkshireman

Room Tip: Do not worry about the single room with a sheared bathroom~~~I never had a problem. The power shower...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Compliments indeed and as you say "from a Yorkshire man..." thank you. May we say that we too enjoyed your stay here with us. It was a joy to hear your cheerful whistling in the mornings. We're pleased to know that our traditional B&B offering more than met up to your expectations and that everything was in place to enable you to enjoy your visit. Take care and we hope to see you back here with us in Keswick in the not too distant future. Tina & Bernie

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to stay for a few nights that was comfortable and good value for money. We couldn't have asked for a better short break than our stay at the Cartwheel. Tina and Bernie were so welcoming from the moment we entered - despite being a little earlier than expected! They offered us delicious home made cakes each evening; provided us with spotless rooms; delicious hot breakfasts and hearty lunches to take away on our walks - we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Their friendly and personable approach made us feel right at home and Tina even let us borrow her walking book, so that we could explore the local area.

It was perfectly located, very clean, incredibly comfortable and we will be staying back here for years to come. I would recommend The Cartwheel to everyone - you must visit to appreciate this wonderful guest house.

Thank you so much again for everything!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Harriet_seb
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hi Harriet and Seb. Thanks for your thoughtful comments regarding your recent stay with us in our home at The Cartwheel. It's always good to hear that our guests have felt very much at home from the moment they step through our door, that we provide clean comfortable accommodation and that you also felt it to be good value for money, an important issue during these testing financial times. We like to think that the people who choose to stay with us, arrive as guests, but leave as friends. We look forward to seeing you both again the next time you come to Keswick.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

staying in Keswick The Cartwheel Guest House is the place to stay would like to thank Bernie and Tina for making us feel really welcome from the minute they greet you at the door
the room was very comfortable to be in and spotless it had everything you needed with extras in it
the breakfast was wonderful tasty and also you had plenty of choice piping hot tea and hot toast to go with it
they guesthouse is just a few minutes away from the town centre and you can also park near the house
they also can give you any information about the area they are in and tell you they best places to go better than reading a book I would go back to stay there when I go back so once again thank you both for a nice stay June C

Room Tip: I stayed in room 6 had twin beds the toilet was on same landing and the bathroom was two floors down...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank june c
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've just returned from a weekend at the cartwheel. It's the first time we had stayed in a B and B as we prefer the holiday lets when in the lakes, however I would have no problem returning here. The owners were friendly and keen to ensure guests had the best possible stay from checking whether we needed a restaurant reservation to helping another guest to plan a walk. The free scones and homemade chocolate biscuits were an added bonus :)

Room Tip: Book early to get on of the en suite rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Bernie and I would like to thank you for your comments. We're pleased that we were able to make your first stay in a B&B a comfortable and happy one. You never know, you could just get used to having your breakfast cooked for you .... far better than any self catering option eh! Take care and hopefully you'll come back for another taste very soon and may be next time take it a bit easier..

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the Cartwheel B&B after reading about it on Tripadvisor. All I can say is what a lovely stay I had there. I had a very comfortable en-suite room. The room had everything I could want and more. The bathroom was immaculate and the bed was soft and welcoming.

There was no problem finding free parking In the street The location is only a short walk to town.
Tina and Bernie(the owners)made me feel like a guest in their home rather than a customer. I had ordered a veg breakfast which was delicious and prepared me for the day ahead. They went just that little bit further than other accommodation I have stayed at to make their guests comfortable.
The day I checked out I ordered a packed lunch which was most generous including yummy sandwiches, crisps, fruit and cakes.

All in all if you're looking for a great B&B in Keswick I cannot recommend this establishment enough. Thanks very much to you both and for noticing my "left luggage"

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you Joel for taking time out of your trip to write this review, it is most appreciated. We are always pleased to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and particularly that you felt more than just a paying customer. After all, that's what it's all about, ensuring our guests feel welcome and at home. With regards to your left luggage, we are just pleased that you had decided to go for a walk before leaving Keswick, so we could return them to you as quickly as possible. Take care and hopefully you may pass this way and stay with us again in the future.