Lindisfarne House
$127
$244
$155
$71
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
$196
$190
Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
$226
$200
$183
$155
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can't believe that the same thing happened to Paul B (previous reviewer) that happened to us quite some time ago...only we actually turned up on the doorstep on a Bank Holiday Saturday, to be told that our room booking for 2 nights had gone - she'd let it go to someone else (who I think wanted a 3-night booking) !!! We'd been staying outside Keswick during that previous week and were checking out of our accommodion on the Saturday and had decided that we'd like to stay an extra couple of days in Keswick inself. So, during that week we went into Keswick, found availability at this (excuse for a) B&B and booked in for the following Sat & Sun nights - I actually watched her writing it in the book.
Then we appeared on the Saturday with our bags to be told by HER that the room had gone as we "hadn't shown up the night before(Fri), when she was expecting us " ??? even though we didn't need a room that night before and I actually saw her write it in for the Sat & Sun !! No apology, just blunt rudeness - what an obnoxious woman !!
Being Bank Holiday, practically all other establishments were booked up and walked away fuming and were just lucky to come across one nearby who'd just had a cancellation (Thank God we did). What lovely people they were and lovely rooms. We explained what had happened, and they informed us that wasn't the first time she'd done that to guests as they'd put up other people in the same boat. She's a disgrace and anyone reading these reviews should stay away. There's plenty of other very nice, welcoming establishments in that area, run by warm & caring hosts !!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HawkeyeLancs
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I booked into this B&B online well in advance and sent a confirmation via email, as requested.

A week before my stay, I received another email from the B&B indicating that my room was no longer available, but that I could have another. I replied straightaway, indicating that this was acceptable.

I telephoned the B&B with two days before I was due to stay to confirm everything was in order, only to be informed that they had sold the room to someone else and had no more available.

I am very dissappointed to be treated in this way. Not only was my original booking completely disregarded, but the B&B was so incommunicative that had I not telephoned them to confirm, I presumably would have arrived in Keswick with nowhere to stay.

This is service at its worst.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My room was spot on ,clean quiet and real comfy.The breakfast was also really good . I would not hesitate to stay here again. Virtually right in the town centre about 5 min walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo