“Fantastic Fish and Chips”
Review of The Kingfisher

The Kingfisher
Ranked #5 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Friday evening with my partner and her father. I had the large cod and chips which should have been served with a harpoon! It well and truly beat me.
My partner and her father had haddock, chips and mushy peas. All the food was cooked to perfection and the chips were amazing. Had bread, butter, tea and I had an ale. Total was 27 quid for us all, which we thought was good value for a sit down chippy.
Nice atmosphere, friendly, but not intrusive staff and the great food makes it well worth a visit. Best fish and chips I've had in ages.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything about the fish & chips in the Kingfisher is excellent. The lads downstairs cook the fish to order & it arrives piping hot. The waitresses are excellent especially the lass from Maryport -all are extremely helpful, friendly & efficient. We always have the same "large Cod" & it is a whale!. The team are so good they just ask if we are having our "usual". We have eaten fish & chips in various locations & these are the best in Keswick & the Lake distict..........try them if you dont believe me!.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have previously been a fan of the Old Keswickian, but gave the Kingfisher a try and was glad I did. The fish was all cooked fresh to order, the chips were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and I spotted some exciting menu options that I shall definitely try next time (haggis, black pudding). Plus, cod is not the default fish option, so bonus environmental brownie points there.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for dinner at the restaurant above, the settings were nice and had an understated warmth about the place.

The food was alright but the milkshakes could make do with some improvements. The chocolate milkshake was literally a glass of 'shaken milk' without a hint of ice cream or chocolate flavoring. Could do better guys!

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We called here 1 lunch time feeling rather hungry. We both choose the large cod with chips. What can I say when we unwrapped our food it was like a whale inside the paper. 1 large cod and chips would feed 2 people easy. Least to say there was plent left overs. Our 2 dogs got a treat with the cod that was left. They loved it not a scrap left. This place is always busy on a weekend which must say something.