“Great Fish 'n' Chips”

The Kingfisher
Ranked #5 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a poor experience at the Old Keswickian I couldn’t talk the wife into fish and chips again, so I got a take away from here and the wife something else. The fish and chips where pretty good, I did enjoy them. I would visit the Kingfisher on the next visit but I would try the third chippy as well.

The guys behind the counter all very helpful

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Went twice while on holiday. We are both chefs and I teach culinary arts at a college so we are very particular as where we eat. This place was good value and decent hot tasty food served quickly.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited this chippy twice during our stay in Keswick,ate in the upstairs restaurant which suprisingly was a bit quiet at 7.00pm but the takeaway seemed to be busy.We had jumbo cod,chips and mushy peas,the fish was cooked in a light crispy batter and was a good sized fillet of white flaky cod.Service was friendly and quick,I would rate this place a notch above the Keswickian which is in a more promenant position in the town center but the Kingfisher is well worth a visit

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Bought some fish and chips to eat by the side of a lake, I was wary about the chips after our experience last year but it's not much money so went for it. They were much better, how chips should be. Also the batter was light and crispy, allowing the flavour of the haddock to come through very well. Fish was cooked fresh to order, took about 5 minutes but worth the wait. Will definitely return when we're in the Lakes next.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

When in Keswick, there are several fish and chips shop to choose from. Many people seem to go for the Old Keswickian because it's olde worlde and maybe more noticeable, located at the top of the market square. However, for fresh-cooked fish in a slick and clean operation, you should go to the Kingfisher instead. It's a bit further along from the market square, closer to the mini-roundabout with all the outdoor shops, but it will be worth those extra steps. We ordered four large portions between 7 of us, and though we ate it all, no one was still hungry when those last fingers were licked and mouths wiped with kitchen roll. Just the thing after a day's walking in the fells.

1  Thank katpat23