“Wet Sunday”

Treeby & Bolton Cafe
Ranked #15 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: An art gallery with a difference, Treeby & Bolton houses a wide range of contemporary art, fine china and glass alongside unique gifts and interiors. Situated downstairs from the gallery, the cafe is stylish and contemporary and offers a tempting selection of cakes, light bites and world class coffee.A delicious range of cakes, bakes, and homemade scones served with jam and cream make the perfect tea-time treat. For lunch try Treeby's signature platters of local meats, fish or cheese, a tasty hot pie or a fluffy omelette. Enjoy your favourite coffee made with Square Mile’s Red Brick Espresso - now available to take out.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

While on holiday in the Lake District earlier this month, on one of Keswick's many wet Sundays, I ventured into town on the bus and popped in and out of all the shops until I reached this interesting Gallery and restaurant. I spent some time upstairs viewing the art work then decided to have a late lunch in the clean and welcoming restaurant downstairs. I checked my watch and discovered that my bus was due to leave within half an hour - the next one not until 2 hours later. I really wish I had discovered this place earlier as, instead of the anticipated delicious lunch, I only had time for a latte and caramel shortcake, which were most enjoyable. The menu looked so inviting, as did the plates of food being served to the other customers who had obviously timed their visit to the Gallery/restaurant better than I did!! I fully intend to return to sample their meals when next in the area.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Once again, a lovely place for a relaxed lunch.

Glass of wine, combination soup & sandwich (great value), cake and coffee - just over £15 each.

One of our favourite places to eat in the UK.

Consistently good - and that is the key!

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

'best ever' bolognese and heidi pie according to my family!
Coffee was great.... And the food. Service brilliant. We lived thisplace

1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We love this cafe! We love the home-made soups, the delicious sandwiches, the excellent cakes and in particular the lemon meringue pie. We are regular visitors to Keswick and this is our favourite cafe. We are never disappointed.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Just come back from this place and really need to nominate it for the worst coffee I have ever had. I honestly cannot remember ever leaving a coffee but I did here. Very weak and tasteless which appeared to have been made using grounds which had been used a couple of times before. Really glad we didn't risk anything else here. We won't be back - plenty of other options in town which care about their standards.

2  Thank Carlisle9999
TreebyBolton, Manager at Treeby & Bolton Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your review, although I was surprised and disappointed to hear about your coffee experience. We do very much care about our standards and make regular and routine checks to ensure that these standards are met. I only wish that you had spoken to someone at the time of your visit and we could have looked into it for you - unfortunately we can now only offer our apologies and hope that you will try us again.
Best wishes, Libbie