“More gluten free goodies”

Treeby & Bolton Cafe
Ranked #15 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: An art gallery with a difference, Treeby & Bolton houses a wide range of contemporary art, fine china and glass alongside unique gifts and interiors. Situated downstairs from the gallery, the cafe is stylish and contemporary and offers a tempting selection of cakes, light bites and world class coffee.A delicious range of cakes, bakes, and homemade scones served with jam and cream make the perfect tea-time treat. For lunch try Treeby's signature platters of local meats, fish or cheese, a tasty hot pie or a fluffy omelette. Enjoy your favourite coffee made with Square Mile’s Red Brick Espresso - now available to take out.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been here twice in the last few weeks, calling in on the way to Cockermouth (yes Cockermouth! Cumbria). The best bit.... they bake gluten free goodies! I had a wonderful chocolate cake - did I say it was wonderful? Moist, chocolaty and soooooooo good. The second time I went they had been busy so could only offer me dime bar cake (bought in) and that was also good. Most portions are massive. One friend had the scone and that was HUGE! Another had the carrot or was it ginger cake(?) and she said that was scrummy and yes you guessed another big portion. My earl gray tea was really tasty and my hubby said that his Capuchino was very good with real chocolate on the top! The bloke on the next table has a slice of lemon meringue pie - it would have fed two! Now when am I going that way again?

Sue H, Manager at Treeby & Bolton Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi - thank you for your review. We're delighted you enjoyed our gluten free goodies. We do try to have at least one gluten free cake available most days but if you know you're coming just drop us a line and we'll do our best to get one baked!
- Libbie

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Many good things have been said about this cafe. My husband and I are regular visitors when in Keswick. Situated in the centre of Keswick, close to the other shops and the market (Thursday and Saturday). We have tried other places but if you want really good coffee/tea, lovely cakes in ample portions, varied light lunches, then this is the place. Place your own order at the counter and the food is promptly served to your table. The Gallery upstairs is well worth a visit after your visit. Be aware that this is a popular cafe and lunchtimes particularly at weekend and on markets can be busy.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, simply superb! The cafe is such a little gem, full of beautiful artwork and lovely little decorative touches...
The food, I genuinely can't overestimate how good the food is, both the things on the menu and the selection in the display cases! As a veggie I can find it hard to find things on a menu that are suitable and tasty... Not here. The menu was so good that we had to return for a second time the foowjng day to try more things! Just Devine and a perfect way to whittle away a few hours, with some delicious, brewed tea and a little (or a large) something to eat. Despite being packed, we easily found a table for four and didn't wait long at all for our food... Excellent service, genuine, locally sourced, good quality food, perfect atmosphere... Well worth a visit!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We love coming back here, a look round the shop and gallery before going downstairs for a relaxing coffee, salad and CAKE! Fantastic cake selection, make sure you try the lemon meringue its got to be a contender for the best in the lake's!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've had lunch here a couple of times, it's really handy after browsing in the shops.

For afternoon tea, there's a great selection of cakes, portions are HUGE, and a wide range of teas and coffees. The lunchtime menu has a good range of sandwiches, soup & salad, and some unusual specials; the Thai curry pie was delicious! (Specials do vary).

Be warned though - it does get really busy so be prepared to wait for a table.