“Personalized service, wonderful accommodations.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Yew Craggs Guest House
Ranked #163 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2012

As we came off our second day on the Wainwright Coast-to-Coast, we were stopped in the road by a woman in a car who was from Yew Craggs - it was Lucy and she wanted to offer a ride to save our tired feet for the remaining few miles. We declined and she went up to the Honister hostel in order to see about picking up some other walkers; on her way back, we flagged her down and two of us took her up on her offer. My friend was in Scafell Hotel, and I was in Yew Craggs, but Lucy dropped my friend off at the hotel, then brought me back to Yew Craggs. I was delighted to find an ensuite bathroom on the ground floor, along with everything I needed as a walker. She dried my clothing and shoes for me, arranged a lovely homecooked breakfast, and packed me a delicious lunch.

I think what set this experience apart is that Lucy drove me to the Scafell's pub - the only place in Rosthwaite who served meals, and only up to a certain time - and then picked me back up, as it was pouring rain. She didn't have to do any of these things, yet did. Lucy went out of her way to ensure that all of her guests had top-notch service and comfort. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend it to any and all walkers! Stay here, you'll be treated like gold.

Room Tip: I recommend the ground floor room, #1, across from the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank morganaus

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lucy, the owner, rescued us on a very rainy night on c2c walk, her b&b. Was excellent. As was Lucy. Well satisfied, roger and judyandrod.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Lovely location on riverside at edge of Rosthwaite village and only a short stroll to venue for evening meal.

Excellent and hospitable accommodation. Very good sized room and wonderful shower. Very comfortable and great breakfast and packed-lunch. Understands requirements of walkers. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Bed and breakfast were ok. Less so the staff and in particular the landlady - hence only average

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
YewCraggs1, Owner at Yew Craggs Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

We are sorry to hear of anyone being anything less than completely satisfied with their stay at Yew Craggs. The comfort and wellbeing of our guests are always our priorities. Having already reviewed this particular instance ourselves, we feel that in this case staff were simply unprepared for the manner of these particular guests - most especially their entering the house before check-in and selecting a room! In the future, however, we would hope to build on this experience and to ensure that all our guests' stays with us were completely positive experiences.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed there while walking a short day on the Cumbria Way - given the distance we probably should have gone straight through to Keswick (only an extra approx 3 hours). However the stay at Yew Craggs was excellent - welcoming host, large comfortable room, nice bathroom, nice breakfast. The pub is just down the road for dinner - had a great lamb dish.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was no3 of 17 B&Bs we stayed in on the C2C walk and in many ways it was one of our favourites: a huge room where we didn't have to take it in turns to unpack our rucksacks (!), lovely fesh decor and carpets, a king size bed (bliss), a separate entrance for guests so we didn't feel we were imposing on the owners' privacy, a really friendly welcome where we were greeted by name. The only things that let it down were the 'bobbled' sheets on that lovely king size bed - which kept catching on the rough skin caused by walking in boots - and the lack of toiletries and a spare loo roll in the bathroom. Minor details which can easily be rectified. Overall a great place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last month on our Coast to Coast walk and it was an absolute treat. Beautifully located (favourite village on whole trip) with very comfortable rooms and a perfect shower. I could ramble on about the quality of breakfast, packed lunch etc but it's the friendly and welcoming host (Lucy) that makes the place special. I was sorry to leave....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple