“Amazing fun”

Keswick Adventure Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The REAL Keswick Adventure. Call us for exciting, fun and expert guidance from a long established LOCAL company where none of our owners have Criminal Records - ask when you call!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 4, 2018

Booked Ghyll Scambling for myself my friend and our sons (11 and 13) for 22nd April 2018
Amazing experience jumping from the waterfalls into the pools and sliding down the natural slides. Al was fantastic with the kids which added to the whole experience.
Would definitely recommend this activity with Keswick Adventure Centre if visiting the lake district.
Kids were appropriately exhausted and haven't stopped talking about the experience.
Thanks Al

"confidence"
in 8 reviews
"jokes"

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Just had the most awesome afternoon with Al and Will on a school trip. We laughed from start to finish and we would 100% recommend Ghyll Scrambling! Their expert guidance, cracking sense of humour and beautiful terrain made for a wonderful experience for both staff and students. We can’t wait to come back. Can’t recommend enough.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant fun doing this, water was freezing but Al and Helen were great , really friendly and gave us a lift too!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

What an great experience my family and i had with Al and Helen during our week in Keswick at the end of August this year. We booked both Ghyll Scrambling and Stand Up Paddle-boarding with them and all I can say is I still truly can't decide which I enjoyed more! My husband and two daughters (8 & 11) were very excited about Ghyll scrambling. I however was not so sure, not particularly liking heights or extreme type sports. However, we couldn't have found ourselves in better, more experienced and professional hands. Al put my mind mind at rest very quickly and putting my full trust in him we then embarked on possibly the most fun I've had with my family for a long time! Particularly the last jump at the end, wow, still can't believe we all did that! Really loved SUP too, in stark contrast to ghyll scrambling, the calm and beautiful Derwentwater is something to see from a board. Thanks again guys, we will definitely be back to Keswick soon and if Kevin hasn't purchase his own SUP by then (!), we'll be back in touch x

See more reviews
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We had our first encounter of Ghyll Scrambling on Friday. Our children are 14yrs, 11yrs and 7yrs. We had Al as our instructor who was friendly, passionate and professional and looked after our group extremely well. Encouraging to all, our 7yr old managed to find the courage for the jumps, meant that mummy did too, Gulp! I trusted Al completely and felt that just by following his instructions we would fit, squeeze, dive, slide and land in all the right places. Thoroughly recommend this as an activity to experience and certainly in safe professional hands with Keswick Adventure Centre.