Review Highlights
Awesome

I had the pleasure of accompanying the person who I help care for who is severely disabled. He had... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Cheryl B
Balsham, United Kingdom
Five scramble a ghyll in October!

A weekend in Keswick celebrating a friend's 50th was finished in style by an exhilarating scramble... read more

Reviewed October 22, 2018
Mark J

Recommended experiences in and around Keswick
from $62.20
from $33.70
from $382.40
More Info
All reviews ghyll scrambling great fun these guys adrenaline pumping professional hands heavy downpour an absolute blast mountain stream wet suits an amazing experience lake district an excellent guide visiting the lakes taking photos great value for money beautiful surroundings dom
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I booked Ghyll scrambling activity it for my 12 years old son. It was total 3 hrs activity in the water, 20 mins prep then 20 mins hiking to the top of the mountain then 2 hrs sliding in the water stream between the mountains and then at the end their coach bring them back to the activity centre. Children as young as 6 yrs old were doing this activity with their parents. My son loved it and it boosted his confidence. It was an instructor led activity and instructor was amazed with my son's confidence level at the end of the activity. Definitely I will recommended it for children to boost their confidence.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

This was the highlight of our three-week trip to the UK. Alistair and his assistant were excellent, we had great weather and it was a huge amount of fun. Thanks, guys!

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner were visiting our friends in Kendal for the weekend and in true state it rained most of the weekend and we were stuck thinking of ideas of things we could do in the rain. One of our friends is from Keswick and mentioned ghyll scrambling, unsure what on earth it was we readily agreed.
Really glad we did, after a heavy downpour all morning, Al (who ran the activity) was worried it might be a bit of a washout but we were lucky with the water at a nice level. We joined 8 other people to make a group of 12, all who were pretty good and everyone was encouraging each other if someone was unsure about a certain obstacle. Al and Will were great at getting us all sorted and leading us down the scramble. A great laugh, with plenty of 'dad' jokes, we had an absolute blast.
Al was taking photos of everyone on the activity and at the end of the session he gets your email address and sends them to you. For free! Was very impressed with this as most companies charge for this!
If anyone is looking for something to do whilst visiting the Lakes, give ghyll scrambling a go and check out Keswick Adventure Centre. Would go with these guys again!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Me and two friends went ghyll scrambling with Keswick adventure center. Really enjoyed it. Al and Godi made us feel at ease - really helpful and fun. We had a brilliant laugh and throughly enjoyed scrambling in the water with beautiful surroundings. We would highly recommend it to anyone interested. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner booked last minute on a Tuesday for early morning on Wednesday - turned out to be the best decision we made during our time in Keswick! Alastair and Godi were really friendly and a good laugh, we strongly recommend booking this if you are visiting Keswick!