“Good find”

Dining options: Breakfast
Scunthorpe
“Good find”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hidden away in the loft of a climbing shop, walked past loads of times and never thought to visit - Oh what we have been missing - a lovely cafe defo going back.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful healthy lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Felt compelled to write a review after a gorgeous lunch last weekend, probably the best food I had on my long weekend to Cumbria! The open sandwich platter was huge, a plate piled with a variety of salads and proper brown bread, best of all was the real roast turkey breast. I tend to be a bit wary of cafe food as it can be overpriced and feel a bit basic/unhealthy. However, Abraham's clearly use fantastic fresh produce and lots of care in their preparation, and my lunch left me full rather than heavy. The ladies serving were so smiley and attentive, and we appreciated them bringing an extra teabag and jug of hot water so we could have a second round of tea!
An absolute gem and a reason to return to Keswick (if you needed another!)

St helens
“lovely!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Once again the sandwiches were beautiful, much more than just a sandwich! Really good value and good service, even though it was busy, friendly staff too.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a cafe located in the rafters of George Fishers outdoor store.
It has a lovely feel to it but only caters for about 30 so you might struggle to get in, if it was bigger I'm sure they would fill it still.
We ordered a Duck Crepe and Panini and the food was lovely, the staff were very polite and checked to make sure everything was ok.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“A delightful experience”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had my lunch at Abraham's Cafe today and it was delicious. The menu is varied with lots of tempting treats. I had poached salmon salad with lime and creme fraiche. A huge amount of salmon for £7.95. I was torn between a few options including a baked potato with a ratatouille and goats cheese filling. How divine does that sound? My husband had an open cheese sandwich. It came with dressings, low fat may and a heavenly pickle. We had tea and this came with little biscuits. What a lovely touch. The cakes were to die for too. So much choice and all homemade. A great treat before our walk around Derwentwater Lake.

The one thing that made this cafe fantastic was the lovely ladies who work there. They can't do enough for you. They always smile and make you feel welcome. That is so rare. Long may it continue. I will return on my next visit without a doubt.