“Sneck Lifter rules !!!!”
Review of Bank Tavern

Bank Tavern
Ranked #31 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Oh my days, Sneck Lifter is amazing forget any other beer the only pint you need to drink is "Sneck Lifter"
A top country pub well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great pub in great location. Unfortunately, like many pubs, has succumbed to targeting food customers, but still has a good atmosphere and is a lovely place for an afternoon drink. The trio of real ales is a great idea.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We loved the beer, food and wine at the Bank Tavern in Keswick and sitting in the beer garden when the weather was nice. We felt at home, like it was our local, even though we were on holiday. Everyone is friendly and it has a great atmosphere.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

During our visit to Keswick, we were ready to have some lunch. We went into the Bank Tavern as they said dogs were welcome, after all there is not many places in Keswick that don't accept dogs. We checked with the bar staff where to sit and he pointed us to a table to the right side of the bar. There was a notice above our heads saying no dogs beyond this point, so we knew we were ok. Our dog Penny went under the table lay down and went to sleep. When the manager came with our cutlery, he noticed the dog bowl, and asked if we had a dog with us. When answering yes he said in a very unfriendly manner - you can't sit here ( it was a table for four, me & my husband were sitting at one side and my parents were opposit) you will have to move and sit there, pointing to where my parents were sitting. I asked why and he said he didn't want the dog where it was, but by moving to where my parents were seated the dog was going to be in the same place just facing the other direction. We moved, but when he came with the food, the plates were more thrown at us than placed on the table. I think he needs to decide if he allows dogs or not. We were made to feel vey unwelcome. Had we not already paid for our meals we would have left. However the bar staff were very pleasant and very hardworking. Food was nothing special.

1  Thank SueF2305
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had an amazing 16oz lamb shoulder, cooked to perfection, lovely pint of ale and good service. good place to eat and drink.