“100% We couldn't fault it!”
Review of Edwardene Hotel

Edwardene Hotel
Ranked #24 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
Peterborough
“100% We couldn't fault it!”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

From the moment we arrived the owners Russell & Marie were so welcoming and spent the time ensuring we knew where to eat and what to do locally. The room had just been redecorated in extremely tasteful furnishings with solid ash furniture and a very comfortable bed. The en-suite was also new with an excellent shower. As others have said the breakfast was carefully presented and excellent as was the location just off the main street. We will be abck as soon as we can!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mountainman069

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
London
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We really liked this place. Good location, they helped one of the group who could not get in one night find accommodation elsewhere. The also gave good recommendations for food in the town.

Bathrooms were clean and modern, views from the top back rooms were fantastic.

All in all a well run establishment.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank JohnBoy39
blackburn, lancs
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Went here for 3 nights and it was just round the corner from the centre, so the location was spot on and the hotel was really nice, clean and lovely people. Couln't have asked for any better and would stay in this hotel again for sure!! Unfortunately it was time for us to come home!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caseymonica
Lancashire
Reviewed September 15, 2008

The review can only be short because everything was escellent. Marie and Russell have got this absolutely right! We have been staying in Keswick for short breaks for the past 10 years and this was the best yet. Other places can be found at cheaper rates but this comes with that extra touch of luxury. The biggest broblem being which of the lovely rooms to choose to stay in.

• Liked — the feeling of quality in every aspect
  • Disliked — the view from the bedroom window
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Rubwan
Meols
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Just a word of caution to those making bookings at this hotel. I selected the hotel based on the great reviews on this website. I booked in advance and was expecting to visit on Wednesday. I called up today (Monday) to see if they had a cot for the room. I was told that they had emailed me earlier to say they were struggling to have a room available and they would have to put me in 2 rooms for my 3 night stay - this was the first I'd heard about this, they could have called me! I politely asked if I would be compensated for this in any way, eg a free bottle of wine or a discount, just out of courtesy. The owner said they would aim to make my stay as pleasant as possible, but would not compensate me. Anyway, I accepted this but was surprised given that the hotel allegedly has a high reputation. I was even more surprised a minute later when the owners husband called to say that they could not accommodate me. I was not rude and would never offend anyone and yet I was left in the lurch. I would recommend that people confirm beforehand that they have the same room. I felt offended by this treatment and have never complained in the past about any treatment i have had anywhere else I have stayed. This has really left me feeling let down and disappointed and has already started my holidays on a sour note.

Stayed August 2008
11 Thank barnhey
taunton somerset
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We stayed here for just over a week (our 2cnd year running)

Marie & Russell always go out of there way to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.They have invested heavily in refurbishment and quality abounds.For the Northern Lakes look no further,this is the place to stay.

Dudley & Val Edgar

• Liked — home comforts
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dudval
London
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Very good rooms and breakfast was very good. Friendly.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo