Linnett Hill
  • Bar/Lounge
$244
$155
$71
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
$196
$190
Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
$226
$200
$183
$155
All reviewsandy mandyperfect hostsguest loungeprivate car parkbiscuitsnothing is too much troublefresh milkhigh standardbottled waterthought of everythinglittle extrasmuddy bootsreal bonusexcellent reviewsfull englishwarm welcomeample parking
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife and I run a Lake District based business, selling maps for local routes. We do not however live in the Lake District. As such we have frequented every camp site in the Lakes and probably over 25 of the B&Bs. Linnett Hill is hands down the best one we have stayed in. Aside from the modern and clean interior which was a welcome break from some of the more dated places we have stayed, Mandy and Andy were amazing hosts. Very friendly, very knowledgeable and Andy cooks a great breakfast! I am about to book a repeat stay for September, and when we are visiting the north Lakes I expect we won't stay anywhere else...

Well done Linnett Hill!

2  Thank Andy L
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I recently stayed at Linnet Hill and found the whole experience wonderful. The spacious off road car parking was such a surprise as Keswick is renown for its lack of parking. I was then greeted by the owner who was expecting me and made me feel most welcome. She showed me all the facilities on the ground floor that were available to guests before showing me to my room. The room was very nicely decorated and had crisp white clean bed linen. The en-suite was just perfect and very trendy. The next morning the choice for breakfast was just too much - but I did my best.
I would definately stay at Linnet Hill again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gill S
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed at linnett hill three nights over the bank holiday with friends,what a great place,Andy and Mandy were the ideal hosts,the rooms were a very high standard ,what more can we say other than simply the best,we will be back

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms six and four both rooms had plenty of space room six had a bath which was very much appreciated after a long walk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and wished we could of stopped longer. Our hosts Andy and Mandy were the ideal hosts with a great knack of remembering everyones names, we stayed in a room at the back which was very clean and decorated to a bright and modern finish, the breakfasts were excellent and Mandy was very informative and provided us with a map for a walk around the lake which was great and luckily topped with great weather. Parking at the back was very useful. Lots of little extra touches throughout make the Linnett Hill a must and we will definitely be returning when stopping in Keswick or the lakes.
Many Thanks Lee and Lyn

2  Thank lee p
Reviewed May 1, 2014

What can I say? Without exaggeration this is the best B&B we have stayed in. All of the rooms are decorated to a modern, high standard and are well kept. Off street parking at the rear is an added bonus. The breakfast was lovely and there were plenty of variations on the full English for those with a smaller appetite. The owners Andy and Mandy were very friendly and accommodating, and made us feel very welcome. The little extra touches like the bottled water in the bedrooms and the snacks in the guest lounge set Linnett HIll apart from the rest. We would not hesitate to recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 which is the room pictured on the website with the window seat. The room was lovely but is at the front of the building so you could hear minor traffic noise at times, but this did not disturb our sleep in any way.
1  Thank Michelle W