“Best pub in town”

Ranked #31 of 155 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Excellent Pub Food in the heart of Keswick. Comfortable restaurant as well as bar food
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A little gem....hidden away which is just how we like it...superb accomodation..excellent food, excellent beer....friendly staff....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Traditional Lakeland pub situated in the George Hotel right in the middle of Keswick, large range of Jennings beers and great food, i had the half of cow pie, "massive" and the Lamb George, a tender shoulder of lamb slow cooked in Jennings beer, fantastic!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

When I'm in the Lakes, the best food, especially after a good walk, is pie and chips.
The Cow Pie at The George Hotel is simply gorgeous, not just that, but massive. Beautiful tender, large chunks of beef, 1/2 kilo in half a pie!!!! packed into a great pastry pie. Together with really crispy chips, absolutely fantastic. My wife and I had a 1/2 each, she managed a 1/4 so I just had to finish the rest. It was awesome, proper full, proper food, and proper beer too.
Normally I can eat a lot, but I'm not sure that I could eat a whole one, worth a try next time maybe

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not only was the food here quite expensive, it was also not that great. I had the pork fillet, which was not bad; my partner had the (in)famous Cow Pie, which was packed full (though not in a good way) of dry beef in soggy pastry. Maybe we just came on an off night. The beer, however, was great!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visited this pub for lunch, we rrived early so we were able to get a table, we ordered drinks and sat down to look at the menu. We decided on a sandwich and chips from and we were both surprised at hw much you got. and was very tasty.
Whilst there some people did order the famous cow pie, and I must say it looked gret and will defnitely try this next time we visit.