“Excellent food and service”

A Taste of Thailand Restaurant at Shemara Guest House
Ranked #22 of 129 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What can I say except, fantastic authentic Thai food with impeccable service. Will definitely be going back next time I visit the lakes. Recommend for all Thai food lovers.

Visited August 2013

Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Time for Thai”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Whilst staying for a week on B&B at this guest house, we enjoyed one evening meal in the beautiful Thai-themed restaurant, which is the front room of the establishment. The food was excellent, and the service just as it should be.

1 Thank derekhughes
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent Thai meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband came to the Lake District Monday 29th June and I booked in advance to eat at the Shemara restaurant. And I'm so glad we booked here. The meal was beautiful. I had a Chicken yellow curry and my husband had a beef noodle dish. The spring rolls and meat balls to start with we're gorgeous. Definitely dine here again. The service was exceptional!! Thank you.
Sally & Chris

Chester, United Kingdom
“Top notch!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the best Thai meal we have ever had anywhere! The food was full of flavour and subtle in taste (unlike the bland meals with batch produced sauces in many Thai restaurants). The portions were generous and very well presented. The service was prompt and very attentive (but not intrusive). Really appreciated being able to take our own wine - the corkage charge is very reasonable when you consider the usual mark-up which restaurants add per glass or bottle. Excellent in all respects!

Basildon
“Excellent Thai food with great service”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were staying in Keswick (also at the Shemara) so we booked a meal for 2 of the three days.

On the 1st night my wife had the hot Tom Yum soup as a starter (huge portion!) and she stated it was gorgeous and also had this on our second meal. I had the spicy pork meatballs and they were very good and the presentation was second to none. Ditto with the crab-cakes on our second meal.
Having finished her soup my wife found she couldn't complete her main of spicy seafood salad! I had the special of Jumbo Prawns - 5 huge perfectly cooked prawns with a tamarind, shallot and chilli sauce enlivened with some Thai fish sauce [confirmed by Richard after I queried this as it wasn't mentioned on the menu - also showed my taste budes were working :-)] After this I had no room for a pudding.
The second visit my wife had the sea bass and declared it excellent whilst I decided on the jungle curry. Richard warned me this was HOT but as I'm a chilli fan I went ahead. It lived up to the billing as it was very hot but incredibly delicate in taste and I thoroughly enjoyed it, in fact I finished up all the sauce as the taste was so good. Pudding was a superb, home cooked apple and blackberry crumble.
My only reservation is I wished I'd booked for all 3 nights of our stay!

Excellent quality Thai food, freshly prepared and at a fair price with friendly, unobtrusive service. When next in Keswick we will definitely return.

2 Thank Alan E