“Good Pub”

Ranked #21 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Good range of real ales,dog friendly and good pub grub.Very popular pub you have to be in early if you want a table to eat.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good local friendly put with a good range of local ales and wonderful food. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We popped into the D&G for lunch last week as part of a sight seeing tour and I had been looking forward to a prawn sandwich and chips all day! The sandwich was lovely on a real fresh tasty granary bread...but no chips! The bar man told me they hadn't served them for 50 years! I complain tongue in cheek of course (although I had to laugh as the next customer after me also asked for chips!). Lunch was great and to it usual high standard - this is always a Keswick must for us and we return time and time again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is perhaps one of the best country pubs I have been to for a long time. Lovely, cozy atmosphere with reasonable price tags attached to everything they serve from drinks to food.

The USP of the place is that dogs are welcome, and they of course stock treats for them too. This contributes to the uniquely great atmosphere for the tired traveller.

The Goulash they serve, being Hungarian, I can say is not quite the real thing, but it does taste gorgeous and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Overall, if there is a place to eat after a long hike in Keswick. This is it!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Cracking pub and we always visit when in Keswick particularly with the dog. Other than the goulash the menu is a bit indifferent. The beer is always excellent and the staff friendly.

Small place and they do pack them in so mind your dog's tail!

1  Thank Stevee303_11