“FANTASTIC HUNGARIAN GOULASH”

Ranked #22 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 18, 2011

What can I say, we went for a meal and had the hungarin goulash, you will not be disappointed. Don't have a starter if you ordering a large portion!

1  Thank Ross W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,168)

Reviewed October 11, 2011

There was only one guest with a dog there - fortunately for us. The cosy place was very busy and had a great atmosphere. Service was pretty good. We will go there again, if we had enough time. Good Pub!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We went to the Dog & Gun on several occasions, and it was ALWAYS busy. It's very dog friendly and, although we don't own a dog, are quite comfortable with them around. We had their famous goulash, not once, but TWICE it was so good. Even though the place was packed (we had to wait to get a seat to eat), our food came in about 15 minutes. I expect they have a huge cauldron on the bubble. Both times it was superb, maybe the best goulash I've ever had. Also, it comes with a generous portion of garlic bread. This garlic bread was only second to my own - and I own an Italian place, so I KNOW good GB when I taste it! The selection of beers is good too, and we found the 'thirst drop' (I think it was called) to be super. If I lived in Keswick, I know where MY local would be.

1  Thank lesjsin
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is a great public house for families and considerate dog owners alike. We were visiting as a couple but felt just as welcome. We had been told about the famous goulash and it did not disappoint. Real ales are very welcome also after a long walk.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

If you like great pubs that serve excellent beer have no doubts and come in here. My friends and I have been coming for years whenever we visit the Lakes and we have never been disappointed.The Goulash is great and I have never eaten anything else here,why would you ?.Can be very busy and very noisy.