“FANTASTIC SERVICE”
Review of Lakes Bar & Bistro

Lakes Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lakes Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A relaxed Bar & Bistro Offering Excellent Cask Beer, Lager, Cider & excellent wines together with Locally Sourced Freshly Cooked Food.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was in Keswick with my two sisters & brother-in-law recently, & we came across Lakes Bar & Bistro. We all had starters & main dishes, & the food was lovely. (Especially my mushrooms in garlic, & mushroom risotto). The service was excellent too. We were served by a young man Sean Stainton with enthusiasm, efficiency, & friendliness. Great experience. I would definitely pop in again when I am in Keswick

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had dinner here on our first night in Keswick. The food was tasty and nicely presented. However, I felt that my portion was rather small for the cost. My husband ordered the Steak and Ale Pie and he said he was not hungry when he left. I ordered the Szcheuan (?spelling!) Chicken. I don't think there was half a small chicken breast in the dish. I most definitely was still hungry when I finished my meal and my pint of beer. Additionally, service was very slow. We had been seated for quite some time with no menu provided. My husband had to flag down a waitress to ask for a menu and then had to flag her down yet again to order our meal.
On a positive note, my husband's cider was cold as was my beer.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place deserves a good review simply for providing the best ham and eggs I've ever had! The staff were also very friendly and prices reasonable.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

went for a evening meal I chosen braising steak in red wine with veg, and my partner had pork. Very nice meals both of them and the staff very nice.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had 2 great meals here. On our first visit we had the fish sharing platter which was fantastic. I had a Mediterranean risotto. It had lovely robust flavours. My husbands pork fillet was tender and flavoursome. Although full, could not resist sharing a bread and butter pudding which again was delicious. We enjoyed it so much we returned the following evening and weren't disappointed. The staff were friendly and service was good.