“Recommended”

Beckside Guesthouse
Ranked #45 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Visited early October for a single night with a friend, sharing a twin room. Wanted an inexpensive place close to the town.

If you want a simple, centrally located place with clean rooms, a friendly welcome and good food, then this place is ideal.

Decent sized room, good shower. Nice cooked breakfast too.

Cannot really fault this place. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Myself and three friends stayed with Andrew and Tracey on the 10th September for a girls night away. On arrival we had coffee and tea brought to our rooms. Breakfast on the Sunday was lush, Andrew and Tracey are a lovely couple. The rooms are spotless and the beds are really comfy. I am looking to book another night with Andrew and Tracey next year with my Hubby for a night away.

The house is a 10 minute walk from the centre, with a choice of restaurants and pubs. Apart from the weather, which you can never guarantee in the UK, we had a fab time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My Husband and I stayed at this B&B whilst I completed the coast to coast bike ride.

The couple were excellent, as when I arrived I was totally soaked and full of mud. They provided a secure area to store my bike, hot drinks, which were very necessary, and even washed my coat for me to wear the next day!!

I would definately go back to this B&B again, just for a break this time, no biking involved.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying with Tracey and Andrew on more than one occasion. They are without a doubt the best hosts in the Lake District and I have no doubt that they would completely go out of their way to accomodate their guests. The room is always immaculate and the breakfasts are delicious. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Room was ok. Hosts were reluctant to serve breakfasts earlier than 8.30am - not good when one is travelling with deadlines (ferries) to meet!! We left without breakfast!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank veekayhay
LomasKeswick, Owner at Beckside Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We are really suprised with this review, this couple requested an early breakfast which we agreed we would do a continental breakfast at 8.00am, we were preparing this when they knocked on our kitchen door at 7.10am to say they would have to leave immediateley. We offered orange juice, fruit etc but they insisted they had to leave, they did take some fresh fruit from the dining room. We feel the review is unjustified when we tried to accomodate their requests for an early breakfast.

We do feel aggrieved with the above comments and perplexed after the guests left leaving this comment in our guest book, we quote "Great room - wish it was not so rushed. Thank you"

We pride ourselves on our customer service and always try to accomodate people where possible.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Best bed and breakfast I've ever stayed at. Tracey and Andrew are wonderful hosts and they make you feel like family. I will definitely be back to visit!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank runnergurl75
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Only stayed one night but great standard and for the price, very friendly people,excellent breakfast and special touches in the room was very much appreciated - will definately be returning to the Beckside Guest House. Many thanks for making our stay special. Rosa & John Bell

Room Tip: very central to beautiful Keswick, lots to see and do and the weather was very good