Sunnyside Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
$244
$155
$71
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
$196
$190
Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
$226
$200
$183
$155
All reviewsoff road parkingtown centrecoffee machinereal bonusfriendly hostsgreat weekendlarge loungelook forward to visiting againhomemade jamsveggie breakfastrestaurants and pubsadded bonusfeel very welcomeplenty of choicewalking weekendcooked optionskeswick convention
Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you like very clean accommodation, excellent breakfasts,a good sized lounge to relax with a coffee, congenial hosts then this is the place for you. Sunnyside Guest House is very conveniently placed to enjoy a wonderful time in the Lakes District. We have visited Sean and Anne twice from Australia and will do so again we hope. Sean and Anne recommend excellent places to eat in the district and will even dry out your money for you if you lose your wallet in the laundry!! Heather and Lloyd, Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed August 15, 2012

For the 10th year running (which says it all) we stopped at the Sunnyside and like all our previous visits we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Sean and Anne are lovely people and are so friendly and accommodating and have a wealth of knowledge of the surrounding area. Our room was clean & comfortable and offered everything we required. The breakfast is the best you'll find in the Lakes with cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt and a cooked breakfast of whatever you want made to order. We will be back again next year and every year thereafter. To coin a football phrase - form is temporary but class is permanent (even for a brummy!)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boycie320
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would highly recommend this guest house. The owners were friendly and very welcoming. My room was just what I needed; very comfortable and clean. The hospitality tray was well stocked and replenished daily. Breakfast was delicious with a good choice on the menu (including a vegetarian option). There was also a choice of cereals and fresh fruit salad etc.

Sunnyside is in a perfect location for exploring the town of Keswick. There is a car park which is ideal as street parking can be difficult.

I will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RhonaGlasgow
Reviewed June 7, 2012

A lovely guest house only a few minutes stroll to the town centre . Our room was immaculately clean but a little small( room 3 ) we were made aware of this at time of booking as it was the last room available yet we had everything we needed and a lovely lounge room next door with sofas and hot drink machine . The breakfast was cooked to order and of a lovely quality with lots of choice. The guest house has the benefit of a private car park this was a great asset. We will definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PandTDurham
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the guest house on the 1st and 2nd June 2012.

We managed to have a 2 night mini break without the kids and my wife booked here so for me it was all about smoothness and ease of stay.

The first plus point to that was being able to park our car in the car park/drive attached to the house. This was invaluable as the surrounding streets were solid with vehicles parked nose to tail.

We then entered to be greeted by our congenial host who managed to make us feel welcome whilst at the same time efficiently going through the guest house routines. I have read a review that took the view that it seemed a bit regimented to be allocated a breakfast slot however I found that, along with the other systems, this had been put in place to enable the hosts to provide a bespoke service. I got the feeling that Sunnyside is much like a swan. All grace and efficiency on top while down below things are working hard to keep up the show.

We shown to our room which was spot on for me. Clean, very clean, tastefully done out, with the usual facilities you expect such as tea and coffee ( refilled every day ). There was an informative and comprehensive welcome pack. I found myself using the lounge on a regular basis to read. The room lent itself to chilling and chatting. I loved the small touches such as home made jams and marmalades on sale for charity as well as a selection of books for sale for charity. The rest of the house was kept neat and tidy and kept to a high standard.

The area in which the guesthouse is set seems to strike a good balance between being close to the centre for convenience and also far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. We slept with the window open on both nights and heard nothing from the busy bank holiday weekend and beer festival activities.

Breakfast was worth the wait. All tastes catered for and cooked as you request with generous top ups of tea coffee and toast.

So,,,,,, all in all if you are looking for a base to stay that, with a little bit of ordered living, gives a warm personable experiance then go for it. I certainly hope to at some point. A little caveat to the above is that they don't accept dogs or children under 12. To be fair though this does add to the calming atmosphere :)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple