“Interesting place, could do with a facelift”
Review of The Puzzling Place

The Puzzling Place
Ranked #8 of 63 things to do in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique exhibition based on optical illusion. Witness balls rolling uphill in the antigravity room, visibly grow and shrink in the Ames room and be amazed by our interactive optical illusion exhibits, artwork and sculptures, as well as the hologram gallery!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting place, could do with a facelift”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Packed full of optical illusions, the museum offers a fun diversion for a couple of hours. some of the exhibits appeared a bit dated, but overall a worthwhile visit

Crewe, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Me and my boyfriend were on a short break in Keswick, and I had seen this place on the net so we gave it a go! Cheap entry and definitely worth the money (which makes a nice change!). Its right in the town centre as well which is handy! We really enjoyed ourselves! Plenty to see and do for all the family! Would highly recommend to others! :)

1 Thank kerjemma
Harrogate, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem, we were left feeling very confused, in a good way!”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

what a brilliant place to visit, me and the missus found this place by fluke and thought sounded great, cheap enty 3.50 i think, and only a smallplace, but from the word go we were amazed,some really brain bending illusions and some amazing 3d images, my partner got freaked out by some things and we were both constantly saying, how the hell does that work,

MUST VISIT!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed our visit”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The positive reviews on tripasvisor led my wife and I to visit Puzzling Place and we weren't let down. The puzzles and illusions were well presented and explained. My favourite was the 'leaning over' room (can't remember the proper name...), after even a few seconds in the room it was incredibly disorientating and I felt like I was drunk!

The earlier review which says this attraction is like a three bedroom flat is a little misleading, it is more spacious than that but it isn't a huge place. I can see it getting quite crowded during peak times.

My only criticism is that we visited on a Sunday in February; the attraction is supposed to open at 11 but according to the shop next door 'they open when they feel like' but it was only a minor niggle and it meant we ended up having a look round the excellent toy shop next door.

middlesbrough
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Brilliant for all ages!”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Went in a party with children aged between 6 and 17 and we all loved it. A brilliant way to while away a couple of hours. Highly recommended!