“Quick stop off”
Review of The Puzzling Place

The Puzzling Place
Ranked #19 of 50 things to do in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique exhibition based on optical illusion. Witness balls rolling uphill in the antigravity room, visibly grow and shrink in the Ames room and be amazed by our interactive optical illusion exhibits, artwork and sculptures, as well as the hologram gallery!
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The puzzling place is a great place for a quick stop off, it’s definitely not gonna take long to go around maybe a couple of hours at a stretch. It’s well laid out, creative in places and nice enough.

For some of the illusions I’d rather be able to place my own camera where they had a video camera and screen to get the full effect on film, the angles have to be perfect for the illusion to work so having a camera and monitor there already prevents that.

Only a couple of exhibits were not available for various reasons, overall very happy.

2  Thank Sean C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"photo opportunities"
"entry fee"

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Definitely visit; So funny and interesting! So worth the £7 for the two of us to get in, really laughed and learnt a lot in the half an hour! Great for kids and adults!! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We really like the Puzzling Place and visit whenever we're in the area. It's really fascinating and fun, great for those rainy afternoons when you're all hiked out. But they REALLY need to put a sign at the end of the street so people can find them!

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a cracking little place to go and spend half an hour in amazement. The anti-gravity room is fantastic and all for under £4. If you're in the area and have a little time to kill, this place is perfect.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

As long as you are able bodied enough to climb the stairs to get in, you will find a vast array of conundrums to work through. My brain was well and truly scrambled by the time we had worked out all the puzzling problems and we had a good laugh at the funny pictures we were able to take of each other. Be careful in the mishappen room, I thought this would be fine, but as soon as I tried to walk up the slope, I felt really ill and as I turned to come out, I was flung against the bottom wall, not sure what happens in there, but I felt disoriented for a while afterwards, weird! But definitely worth a visit